Re: EAOD Dean Prize results and thanks

  • Gareth
    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2012
      I wanted to thank everyone who came from near and far to help make the day happen. To the challengers, It was a pleasure and honor to share the list with you.

      I can not put into words how happy I am that the day has come and past. That there was no drama, no frustration just good solid fencing.

      I need to thank a few people who without there help I would not have made it to this day.

      Albrecht who took me in and gave me so very much.

      Vlad who in these last few months gave of his time and support to help me get what little training in my work schedule would afford.
      Now we need to go to the zoo...

      Peter for bringing your sword and helping to tire me out over and over.

      John and Brandon for helping me get the photos for the book done.

      My Lady for her patience and time, I have not been the easiest to live with and having your weekend invaded for the last 2 months...
      I'm just luck to be loved and alive.

      thank you
      THL Gareth Cambell, Dean EAOD
    • L. Tremblay
      Message 2 of 16 , May 14, 2012
        And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
        account again, and it was good.

        I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
        fencing in a very long time.

        The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
        people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
        Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!

        Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
        and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
        bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
        *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
        the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
        I missed at Pennsic!

        And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
        in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
        first Deans get their scarves.

        Lars
        Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.

        Message 3 of 16 , May 14, 2012
          Good afternoon,

          I need to get my card re-stamped and was hoping that I could do so at FOOL...can I confirm that will be possible?

          Thanks,
          Cainder

          Kelly Wyatt
          SCA: Cainder ingen Hui Chatharnaig
          k.wyatt59@...

          Message 4 of 16 , May 15, 2012
            Lars,

            Now that you've let the cat out of the bag. If you like we could chat about your Provost prize at FOOL.

            Ciao
            Jocelyn

            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2012
              I will be at FOOL, with the stamp

              Lars

              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                I will have a drop tester available if needed

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                  I've already been drop tested though I'll need a mask test again. My mask failed so I'm hoping Mateo's spare one will pass inspection.

                  Thanks,

                  Kelly Wyatt
                  SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
                  k.wyatt59@...

                  To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                  From: tamlin_01@...
                  Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:35:50 +0000
                  Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                    From Gerrard : I can vouch for the armour passing !!

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                      The mask and armour don't have to PASS, they just have to be tested.
                      You have to use the information appropriately. :-)

                      Eyrny

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                        Well, if that's the criteria, I'm using the information as appropriate to me personally. :-)

                        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                        From: kgormanshaw@...
                        Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:45:08 -0400
                        Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                          To clarify: They don't have to pass to get your card stamped, just
                          have to be tested. They DO have to pass before you can use them on
                          the field.

                          Eyrny

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                            Ayup, that's why I'm bringing a spare mask (thank my hubby and his hoarding ways!) to be tested just on the off chance that I'll actually get a chance to fence this weekend. I knew I couldn't make it to our local practice this week to have it tested there.

                            I understand there's a form to be filled out for card renewal. Can someone point me in the right direction to find said form?

                            Thanks very much,

                            To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                            From: kgormanshaw@...
                            Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:47:47 -0400