Re: [E_Rapier] Re: EAOD Dean Prize results and thanks

  • Bill Ernoehazy
    Message 1 of 16 , May 13, 2012
      > Thanks is also extended to Don Thore of AnTir in his participation

      ... Whose unexpected (to me) presence was one of many great joys I had that day.

      Still delighted , Giovanni the balder
      ;-)
    • Gareth
      Message 2 of 16 , May 14, 2012
        I wanted to thank everyone who came from near and far to help make the day happen. To the challengers, It was a pleasure and honor to share the list with you.

        I can not put into words how happy I am that the day has come and past. That there was no drama, no frustration just good solid fencing.

        I need to thank a few people who without there help I would not have made it to this day.

        Albrecht who took me in and gave me so very much.

        Vlad who in these last few months gave of his time and support to help me get what little training in my work schedule would afford.
        Now we need to go to the zoo...

        Peter for bringing your sword and helping to tire me out over and over.

        John and Brandon for helping me get the photos for the book done.

        My Lady for her patience and time, I have not been the easiest to live with and having your weekend invaded for the last 2 months...
        I'm just luck to be loved and alive.

        thank you
        THL Gareth Cambell, Dean EAOD
      • L. Tremblay
        Message 3 of 16 , May 14, 2012
          And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
          account again, and it was good.

          I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
          fencing in a very long time.

          The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
          people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
          Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!

          Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
          and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
          bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
          *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
          the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
          I missed at Pennsic!

          And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
          in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
          first Deans get their scarves.

          Lars
          Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.

          Message 4 of 16 , May 14, 2012
            Good afternoon,

            I need to get my card re-stamped and was hoping that I could do so at FOOL...can I confirm that will be possible?

            Thanks,
            Cainder

            Kelly Wyatt
            SCA: Cainder ingen Hui Chatharnaig
            k.wyatt59@...

            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2012
              Lars,

              Now that you've let the cat out of the bag. If you like we could chat about your Provost prize at FOOL.

              Ciao
              Jocelyn

              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                I will be at FOOL, with the stamp

                Lars

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                  I will have a drop tester available if needed

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                    I've already been drop tested though I'll need a mask test again. My mask failed so I'm hoping Mateo's spare one will pass inspection.

                    Thanks,

                    Kelly Wyatt
                    SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
                    k.wyatt59@...

                    To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                    From: tamlin_01@...
                    Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:35:50 +0000
                    Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                      From Gerrard : I can vouch for the armour passing !!

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                        The mask and armour don't have to PASS, they just have to be tested.
                        You have to use the information appropriately. :-)

                        Eyrny

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                          Well, if that's the criteria, I'm using the information as appropriate to me personally. :-)

                          To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                          From: kgormanshaw@...
                          Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:45:08 -0400
                          Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                            To clarify: They don't have to pass to get your card stamped, just
                            have to be tested. They DO have to pass before you can use them on
                            the field.

                            Eyrny

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                              Ayup, that's why I'm bringing a spare mask (thank my hubby and his hoarding ways!) to be tested just on the off chance that I'll actually get a chance to fence this weekend. I knew I couldn't make it to our local practice this week to have it tested there.

                              I understand there's a form to be filled out for card renewal. Can someone point me in the right direction to find said form?

                              Thanks very much,

                              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                              From: kgormanshaw@...
                              Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:47:47 -0400