Re: [E_Rapier] Reduced Armour Experiment

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
      Ohhh Tay then Thanks ..Odd name !!

      At 09:08 AM 3/21/2012, you wrote:
      >A radio button is the name of the circular
      >buttons you click on when you answer questions
      >on a computer form, the type that let you choose
      >only one answer, not multiple answers.
      >
      >Eyrny
      >Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
      >
      >Hmmm what is a ... from the questionnaire
      >
      >Did any of your opponents feel uncomfortable about your reduced
      >armor? Yes/No radio buttons
      >
      >Radio Button ?????????

    • Bill Ernoehazy
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
        As a jargon term, it goes back a solid 30 years... at least among chipheads
        and codescriveners like me.

        Cheerfully, G... who voluntarily learned LISP. ;-)

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
          Gerrard...

          From what I read, with the Light Armour Experiment, there is only rigid
          protection and abrasion resistant protection. There wouldn't be a need to
          use a drop-tester any more as there would no longer be a puncture-resistant
          protection layer. Also, there would only be a pass/fail for rigid parts.

          The way I see it, with the LAE, any additional armour is of the
          individual's desire and how willing they are to walk away with more
          bruises. :)

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
            Our armour was never about preventing bruises.
            --g

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
              True, but it has always been a side benefit that it reduces the number of
              bruises that one would likely have gotten without it.

              -Nikolai

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                Given the other groups i play with, I have to say I haven't found that
                to be the case. However, I've just used the basic layering for armour
                and never padded anything.
                --g

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                  Yes I'm aware of that.