Re: [E_Rapier] Reduced Armour Experiment

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
      From Gerrard:
      I would be interested in testing some fabrics at
      1/2 and 3/4 the drop distance. Just to get a feel of what passes.
      Plus often I have seen quite a variance in what
      abrasion-resistant fabric is. Some is almost see through ! Others Not !!
      Currently 2 layers of thick tightly woven
      butchers grade canvas ( what I use ) passes the
      drop test. One layer would be fascinating !!

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
        Hmmm what is a ... from the questionnaire

        Did any of your opponents feel uncomfortable about your reduced
        armor? Yes/No radio buttons

        Radio Button ?????????
      • kgormanshaw@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
          A radio button is the name of the circular buttons you click on when you answer questions on a computer form, the type that let you choose only one answer, not multiple answers.

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
            Ohhh Tay then Thanks ..Odd name !!

            At 09:08 AM 3/21/2012, you wrote:
            >A radio button is the name of the circular
            >buttons you click on when you answer questions
            >on a computer form, the type that let you choose
            >only one answer, not multiple answers.
            >
            >Eyrny
            >Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
            >
            >Hmmm what is a ... from the questionnaire
            >
            >Did any of your opponents feel uncomfortable about your reduced
            >armor? Yes/No radio buttons
            >
            >Radio Button ?????????

          • Bill Ernoehazy
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
              As a jargon term, it goes back a solid 30 years... at least among chipheads
              and codescriveners like me.

              Cheerfully, G... who voluntarily learned LISP. ;-)

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                Gerrard...

                From what I read, with the Light Armour Experiment, there is only rigid
                protection and abrasion resistant protection. There wouldn't be a need to
                use a drop-tester any more as there would no longer be a puncture-resistant
                protection layer. Also, there would only be a pass/fail for rigid parts.

                The way I see it, with the LAE, any additional armour is of the
                individual's desire and how willing they are to walk away with more
                bruises. :)

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                  Our armour was never about preventing bruises.
                  --g

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                    True, but it has always been a side benefit that it reduces the number of
                    bruises that one would likely have gotten without it.

                    -Nikolai

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                      Given the other groups i play with, I have to say I haven't found that
                      to be the case. However, I've just used the basic layering for armour
                      and never padded anything.
                      --g

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 21, 2012
                        Yes I'm aware of that.