Fw: [Announcements] Potential New Peerage Exploratory Committee

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2012
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "ea@..." <ea@...>
      To: announcements@...
      Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 11:09:15 AM
      Subject: [Announcements] Potential New Peerage Exploratory Committee

      Potential New Peerage Exploratory Committee
      Based on input from the Census results, as well as an examination of the breadth and depth of participation across the Known World and the unique subculture,ethos, and goals it has developed within the Society, the Board of Directors intends to explore the possibility of creating a new peerage to recognize as peers those participants who meet the general requirements for a patent of arms and who demonstrate prowess in Rapier / Cut and Thrust Combat.As this would
      potentially be the first additional peerage for the SCA in many decades, input and feedback from the Known World throughout the exploratory process is essential.
      The SCA’s Board of Directors is seeking individuals interested in
      participating in an Exploratory Committee focused on developing a set of options for potential implementation of a new peerage for Rapier Combat and/or Cut and Thrust Combat.This committee would be responsible for developing sets of recommendations for heraldry, regalia, corpora changes and identifying and addressing associated issues around creating and implementing such a peerage,
      and would consist of representatives of the following categories:
      ·One recognized Rapier Fencer or Rapier Fencing Official
      ·One recognized C&T Fencer or C&T Fencing Official
      ·One Fencing Laurel (recognized for Fence)
      ·One Fencing Pelican (recognized for Fence)
      ·One Fencing Knight/Master at Arms
      ·Two Heralds
      ·One Non-Fencing Pelican
      ·One Non-Fencing Laurel
      ·One Non-Fencing Knight/Master at Arms
      ·One Lady of the Rose
      ·One expert in Corpora (e.g., Seneschal)
      ·One SCA Archivist or Historian
      Please submit Letters of Intent by July 1st, 2012 and identify to which of the above categories you are specifically applying. Those individuals who have expressed interest already via the Comments email address or the Directors email address will be considered.
      Hard copies of resumes (both professional and SCA related, including officesheld and honors) must be sent to the attention of The Board ofDirectors, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789.Electronic courtesy copies should also
      be sent to peerageexploratorycommittee@... and resumes@....
      The exploration into a new stand-alone Peerage for Rapier / Cut and Thrust is driven not only by what the Board of Directors perceives to be a very high level of support across the organization, but also because it expresses a defined and specific culture that is unique and separate from chivalric armoured combat, other martial arts, and the unique and separate cultures of the Arts and Sciences and Service communities.
      The results of this Exploratory Committee, along with comments from the populace about those results, will then be reviewed by a much larger and more representative Review Committee.The Review Committee will be established later by the Board of Directors and will be comprised of representatives selected by the relevant groups and organizations within and across the Society (e.g., the Kingdoms, Peerages, Heralds, Seneschals, Grand Council, Rapier Fencing
      Community, and C&T Fencing Community) as a final input into the process.The Board will be working with those organizations to request their nominees following the formation of the Exploratory Committee.The Board welcomes all commentary throughout this exploratory process from the populace at large.Please send commentary to Comments@... and include Potential New Peerage in the subject line.
      Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
      SCA Inc.
      Box 360789
      Milpitas, CA 95036

      You may also email comments@....

      This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for
      Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this
      announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing
      lists.

      address.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2012
        Generally Society and Kingdom Heraldry is simple in design.
        Outstanding from a distance.

        A Wheel of (Gold or Silver ) Rapiers field less ( the Quillions
        touching Like a ships wheel )
        A ships wheel representing on course holding against any weather

        A Compass of (Gold or Silver ) Rapiers and Daggers conjoined at the
        pummels field less.
        Symbolizing well a compass .. forever true holding steadfast /
        blades pointing outward .. ever vigilant !

        Field less or other wise ?/ hmmm ?? I believe field less lets you
        put it on any background ????
        Silver would be more blade like !

        It came to me in a dream ... smiles ... seriously it did !!
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
          Aren't you jumping the gun just a bit..

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
            Well perhaps the sword !! However I am a huge pre-plan kinda guy !

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2012
              Don't want your efforst to be wasted incase this proposed peerage doe not happen

              > Well perhaps the sword !! However I am a huge pre-plan kinda guy !
              >

              > At 06:05 AM 3/6/2012, you wrote:
              > >

              > >Aren't you jumping the gun just a bit..
              > >
              > >Jocelyn
              > >
              > >--- In <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com,
              > >thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Generally Society and Kingdom Heraldry is simple in design.
              > > > Outstanding from a distance.

            • Ross Weaver
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9, 2012
                Tradition is the peerages have badges, charges and supporters that the
                members can use, but no arms of the peerage...

                And well far as heraldry is concerned it would have to be registered as a
                wheel regardless what the wheel looked like... And a sword is a sword
                regardless in heraldry, it would be hard to define the shape/layout on the
                field so that it looks like a wheel. So as far as heralds are concerned it
                is too complex a charge and not recognizable from a distance.

                A more definitive charge would be something like a single white glove, or a
                moose, or a golden goose :)

                ~Wilhelm

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 9, 2012
                  A Beaver rampant !!! LOL !!!!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 17, 2012
                    Only if the peerage comes to be..its not a certainty YET.

                    Jocelyn