Winter War March 3rd 2012

  • Tyler Booth
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
      Rapier Tournaments have been decided for Winter War and they are as fallows:

      Tournament #1 The Race to 15 Points
      --> Each team must pick an authorized combatant
      --> Any form can be used
      --> 1 point for a win
      --> Double kills both lose, no points, and new combatants are needed

      Tournament #2 Best of 9 Styles
      --> Each team must pick an authorized combatant in the form
      --> The rounds will be: 1) Single Sword
      2) Sword & Dagger
      3) Two Daggers
      4) Sword & Cloak
      5) Cloak & Dagger
      6) Sword & Rigid Parry
      7) Dagger & Rigid Parry
      8) Case Swords
      9) Single Dagger
      --> 1 point for a win
      --> Double kills both lose, no points, and new combatants are needed

      Tournament #3 Team Melee (Depending on team sizes & space)
      --> Last team standing wins
      --> May do best of 3 or 5 depending on time

      OR

      Alternate Tournament #3 Lives Tournament
      --> Each Combatant has a number of live determined by the number of years you have been fencing:
      ->under 2 years 4 lives
      -> 2-5 years 3 lives
      -> 6-9 years 2 lives
      -> 10+ years 1 life
      --> Double Kills both are dead and lose a life
      --> The team that has less people will get 1 extra life for each person above theirs on the other team to use for anyone on the team but must be used fairly equal on the team.

      See you all there on March 3rd

      Tadc
      Trinovantia Nova Shire Rapier Marshal
    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2012
        Bravo, thanks Tadc, sounds neat.

        --
        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2012
          What time do you hope to start?

          Eyrny
        • Tyler Booth
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2012
            As soon as possible. I believe site opens at 10am, so inspections right away and starting first tournament no later than 11am.

            Tadc

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2012
              Tadic,

              THere are two EAOD prizes, Cadet and Scholar to be fought at Winter war..is thre list space/time set aside? Do you need additiona list poles?

              Jocelyn

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Tyler Booth" <boothct@...> wrote:

              > Rapier Tournaments have been decided for Winter War and they are as fallows:
              >
              > Tournament #1 The Race to 15 Points
              > --> Each team must pick an authorized combatant
              > --> Any form can be used
              > --> 1 point for a win
              > --> Double kills both lose, no points, and new combatants are needed
              >
              > Tournament #2 Best of 9 Styles
              > --> Each team must pick an authorized combatant in the form
              > --> The rounds will be: 1) Single Sword
              > 2) Sword & Dagger
              > 3) Two Daggers
              > 4) Sword & Cloak
              > 5) Cloak & Dagger
              > 6) Sword & Rigid Parry
              > 7) Dagger & Rigid Parry
              > 8) Case Swords
              > 9) Single Dagger
              > --> 1 point for a win
              > --> Double kills both lose, no points, and new combatants are needed
              >
              > Tournament #3 Team Melee (Depending on team sizes & space)
              > --> Last team standing wins
              > --> May do best of 3 or 5 depending on time
              >
              > OR
              >
              > Alternate Tournament #3 Lives Tournament
              > --> Each Combatant has a number of live determined by the number of years you have been fencing:
              > ->under 2 years 4 lives
              > -> 2-5 years 3 lives
              > -> 6-9 years 2 lives
              > -> 10+ years 1 life
              > --> Double Kills both are dead and lose a life
              > --> The team that has less people will get 1 extra life for each person above theirs on the other team to use for anyone on the team but must be used fairly equal on the team.
              >
              > See you all there on March 3rd
              >
              > Tadc
              > Trinovantia Nova Shire Rapier Marshal

            • T Booth
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
                Jocelyn,

                  Yes extra list poles would be good just in case. I believe that we should have 2 lists available, not too sure have not seen site but the autocrat says we have about the same as of last site which was 2 over sized lists.

                Tadc

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                  Just a quick note to thank Tadic for a well run list today, the fun never stopped. In total the non-stop activities on the list that were completed included:

                  2 EAOD prize fights
                  4 authorizations
                  3 tournaments
                  and 2.5 hours of free open list time free to play in

                  I will also thank HE Sir Ragnar of Starleaf Gate, Sir Kasimir of Stargard and THL Seonga, for monitoring the space between the armoured and rapier lists with out being asked. Your efforts were appreciated.

                  Thank you all who came out to play, you mare today wonderful.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                    I'm sorry I missed it. I'm glad you all had a great time.
                    --j

                  • boothct@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                      Hi All,

                      Yes it was a very fun day, and that was all with looking after my almost 5 year old as well. Thank-you to all the marshals who helped out and the MIT. Head count on the fencing field was 20-25 in total through out the day, with some of them being visitors from the Middle Kingdom. Overall on the day the Queen's Trilliums won all three tournaments.

                      If anyone is going to Ice Dragon at the end of month I will see you there, if not then most likely Murder Melee.

                      Until we cross blades again,

                      Tadc
                      Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone