Fencing at Pikeman's

  • Griffin de Stokeport
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2007

      There WILL BE FENCING at Pikeman's, on June 2nd, this year. Some were
      deterred by the rain that came last year, but those of us there fought
      inside in the full size hockey rink which we had almost 1/4 to ourselves
      found it to be great fun.

      With myself well on my way to my MiT (or more accurately a CiT at the
      moment...), I fully plan on there being fencing at Pikeman's every year
      from now on for as long as I am able to. Oddly enough, due to some poor
      planning with the rest of my family, I will not be able to attend the
      event this year. However, THL Gareth has agreed, most graciously, to run
      the fencing list on my behalf for the day.

      That said, I do ask for any that are able to attend, come and cross
      swords this day. Site opens at 10am and I have planned on inspections
      and authorizations to start at 11am with the melee and tournaments to
      start after 12pm, leaving lots of time for those of you who would need
      to drive from a bit further afield. I want to always have authorizations
      occur at Pikeman's as well, so I do humbly ask any and all marshalls
      come as well - along with any new fencers looking to authorize or those
      who want to upgrade their skills to new weapon forms.

      I've posted the proposed schedule for the day on the website for the
      event, found at http://www.wraithstudios.ca/pikemans.htm and it will be
      updated as necessary prior to the event.

      My thanks to all of you,

      Lord Griffin de Stokeport
      Herald of Petrea Thule (and CiT!)
    • Griffin de Stokeport
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2010
        Greetings all,

        I plan on running fencing at Pikeman's Pleasure this year. The event
        will be on Saturday June 5 in Millbrook, Ontario (close to, but not
        quite, in Peterborough) from 10:00am to sometime in the evening. The
        event happens rain or shine as we have the full use of the grounds of
        the community centre and the use of an indoor hockey rink if there is
        inclement weather

        We had an excellent attendance last year and I'd like to help encourage
        the Art of Defence to grow up in these here parts. :) I haven't fully
        decided on a tourney format yet, but am looking to any suggestions that
        may want to be brought forward. I have negotiated the use of the foot
        bridge for our use until 11:30am or so (until the armoured combat folks
        want to use the bridge and island for the majority of their events) and
        we great fun in past years fighting on it. With sufficient marshals, we
        can run authorizations as well so if you have any younglings that you'd
        think are ready by then, bring them up!

        Please let me know off-list if you are planning on coming so I can plan
        for numbers. I am hoping to have a fun selection of useful prizes - all
        non-fencing related! - that I will be personally involved in the making
        of. More details to follow closer to the event. (See, I'm not above
        bribery to get people to show up!)

        My thanks to everyone,
        Lord Willam of Otterton (formerly Lord Griffin de Stokeport - just to
        confuse people...)

        :)