Fwd: [Ealdormere] Toys for Tots at Wassail

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 20, 2011
      What rapier activities are being run? We did Toys for Tots last year as well.

      Eyrny

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 21, 2011
        Thanks for the reminder Your Excellency!

        Schedule for rapier at WASSAIL

        NOTE:
        No Authorizations until the end should time permit as the list space is sharing the same room as court and the dancers. Please be aware our list activities are sandwiched between the moring and afternoon courts. The earlier everyone is armoured, prepared, inspected and ready to go the earlier we get started.
        This program is currently in draft (and is not to be considered in stone)and will be update as information becomes available.

        9:30am to 11:30am, (pending court impact)
        Long Sword Class taught by Master Giovanni of Trimarias, Armored combatants welcome - Syllabus and material requirements pending.

        11:30 to Noon,
        lunch break, pick ups, warm up

        Noon to 2pm (or earlier depending on the candidate)
        EAOD prize for for Boudean(sp, sorry) to the rank of Scholar. All Scholars are invited to come help him earn/celebrate his prowess. All rapier combantants are invited to participate in the 15 min endurance round. The prize fight was annouced in the Tidings last fall 2010 and again in spring 2011, the candidate finally got around to choosing an event. NOTE: the candidate will need a Herald, know of anyone who can help let him know!

        2pm to 4pm (or earlier depending on Prize fight)
        SINS + VIRTUES TOURNEY!
        This will be a Toys for Tots Toureny, you must donate a un-wrapped new toy to enter this tourney. This will be a Round Robin format in which each combatant will start with all seven godly virtues intact. Upon entering the list, the purpose is to maintain those virtures by incapacitating your opponent to the point where they may no longer defend themselves. Killing your opponent will result in the loss of a virture. Come test your skills and prove to be either Virtious or Sinful!

        Should time permit ( but not likely) the final round will be a VALHALLA MELEE OF DEATH ( details later..I gotta leave you with some sort of teaser..BWAHAHAHAHA!)

        List with close between 4pm and 4:30pm to make the gym ready for afternoon court.

        I thank the Autocrates for thier patience and time in answering my questions to make this program possible, as well as the insprirations and council of Baron Don Robert and Baron Don Avery of Ansteorra respecting the tourney formats.

        I hope to see everyone out to cross blades and enjoy a wonderful day!

        In service to Ealdromere,
        Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
        Rapier MIC for Wassail

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 22, 2011
          > From Gerrard: just so I can clarify ( in my old brain ) Sins and
          > virtues ..?? as in

          Sins would be: ( yes there are variations this is just an example )

          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/pride.html>Pride Pride is also known as Vanity.
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/envy.html>Envy
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/gluttony.html>Gluttony
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/lust.html>Lust
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/anger.html>Anger
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/greed.html>Greed
          <http://deadlysins.com/sins/sloth.html>Sloth

          Which if you loose you keep...??

          Thus the winner gets .... ( also has variations )

          The 7 Virtues
          1. Fides (Faith)
          2. Spes (Hope)
          3. Caritas (Charity)
          4. Prudence
          5. Temperance
          6. Fortitude
          7. Justice

          The person having the most virtues would win the tournament ... after
          any tie breaker situations. ???
          or just the person with the least amount of sins left ... after any
          tie breaker situations. ???
          Either way would work !!!

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 22, 2011
            >Hmmm that was strange !! Lets me try that again !! ( Why did it add links ?? )

            Sending again ..As I thought Links would be stripped or blocked ??

            From Gerrard: just so I can clarify ( in my old brain ) Sins and
            > virtues ..?? as in

            Sins would be: ( yes there are variations this is just an example )

            Pride: Pride is also known as Vanity
            Envy
            Gluttony
            Lust
            Anger
            Greed

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 22, 2011
              Thank you for the clarifications Toymaker!

              Everyone is assumed to have all 7 Sins and 7 Virtues, you only loose the Virtues, we are all sinners in this game, it is our nature as Cad's and the N'er to do

              How a tie will be addressed will depend on how many virtues each combatant has remaining.

              I SINcerely hope you will come to enjoy this fete.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
                Hi All,

                Master Giovanni's Class on Longsword will require Cut and Thurst Armor, please come prepared.

                FYI, look for schedule updates soon

                > Thank you for the clarifications Toymaker!
                >
                > Everyone is assumed to have all 7 Sins and 7 Virtues, you only loose the Virtues, we are all sinners in this game, it is our nature as Cad's and the N'er to do
                >
                > How a tie will be addressed will depend on how many virtues each combatant has remaining.
                >
                > I SINcerely hope you will come to enjoy this fete.
                >
                > Jocelyn
                >
                > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
                > >

                > > >Hmmm that was strange !! Lets me try that again !! ( Why did it add links ?? )
                > >
                > > Sending again ..As I thought Links would be stripped or blocked ??
                > >
                > > From Gerrard: just so I can clarify ( in my old brain ) Sins and
                > > > virtues ..?? as in
                > >
                > > Sins would be: ( yes there are variations this is just an example )
                > >
                > > Pride: Pride is also known as Vanity
                > > Envy
                > > Gluttony
                > > Lust
                > > Anger
                > > Greed
                > > Sloth
                > > Which if you loose you keep...??
                > >
                > > Thus the winner gets .... ( also has variations )
                > >
                > > The 7 Virtues
                > > 1. Fides (Faith)
                > > 2. Spes (Hope)
                > > 3. Caritas (Charity)
                > > 4. Prudence
                > > 5. Temperance
                > > 6. Fortitude
                > > 7. Justice
                > >
                > > The person having the most virtues would win the tournament ... after
                > > any tie breaker situations. ???
                > > or just the person with the least amount of sins left ... after any
                > > tie breaker situations. ???
                > > Either way would work !!!
                > >
                > > 2pm to 4pm (or earlier depending on Prize fight)
                > > >SINS + VIRTUES TOURNEY!
                > > >This will be a Toys for Tots Toureny, you must donate a un-wrapped
                > > new toy to enter this tourney. This will be a Round Robin format in
                > > which each combatant will start with all seven godly virtues intact.
                > > Upon entering the list, the purpose is to maintain those virtures by
                > > incapacitating your opponent to the point where they may no longer
                > > defend themselves. Killing your opponent will result in the loss of a
                > > virture. Come test your skills and prove to be either Virtious or Sinful!

              • Aaron Miedema
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
                  Bwahahahahaha... serves me right for skimming.... I looked at the second
                  sin and could have sworn it said Eyrny.... my bad. =)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
                    All I know is I'm not giving up Lust its my fave SIN !! LOL !!!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 23, 2011
                      <grins>!

                      Eyrny

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 24, 2011
                        Don't confuse things toymaker...You can not loose your sins, nor give them up...you have only your virtures to loose

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 24, 2011
                          After much coordination here are the events of the rapier list for Wassail.

                          NOTES:
                          Please be aware we have a very full schedule, have your gear, armor, etc in good working order prior to the event to facilitate a quick inspections process.
                          There is no time for authorizations.
                          We are in the same Gym as the Court and Dancers and must coordinate with them accordingly.

                          10am
                          Event Site Opens

                          10am to 11am RAPIER INSPECTIONS
                          Rapier Inspections, list is open for warm ups and pick ups

                          11am to 11:30 LIST CLOSES FOR COURT + EARLY LUNCH
                          List closes for early lunch and morning court to place HE Eryny on Vigil ( this time slot may vary depending on thier Majesties). I have no idea when the actual lunch table will be open, so feed yourselves accordingly.

                          11:30 to 1:30 MASTER GIOVANNI'S LONG SWORD CLASS
                          Master Giovanni of Trimarias will teach a class in Long Sword. Cut and Thrust armour and swords are required. Please endevor to complete inspections prior to the beginning of class.

                          1:30pm to 3:00pm EAOD SCHOLAR's PRIZE FIGHT
                          All those of the Academy's Scholar Rank are called upon the help celebrate the prowess of Baudouin as he tests his skills in gaining the rank of Scholar. His intent has been published in the Tidings previously, once in the fall of 2010, then again in the spring of 2011. All rapier combatants are welcome to participate in the endurance round.

                          3pm to 4:30pm SINS & VIRTUES(TOYS for TOTS)TOURNEY
                          Entry into this tournament is at the cost of a new unwrapped toy. All combatants must be burdened by thier sins and fight to retain thier virtues. It is a round robin format. Kill your opponent and loose a virtue. Incapacitate you opponent to keep you virture. Winner is the one who maitains the most virtues.

                          4:30pm List Closes to facilitate Court.

                          Looking forward to the day and seeing you all!
                          In Service,
                          Jocelyn Cranewall