Feast of the Hare

  • Gavin Lusk
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 2, 2011
      Their Excellencies Skraeling Althing are seeking a new rapier champion,
      which will take up part of the morning, followed by a rapier tournament. If
      the weather continues to cooperate, there is also plenty of room to play
      outside.

      Can you Defend The Bunny? Or can you Slay the Bunny? A bear-pit style
      tournament with a twist, the fencers will not be competing to defeat one
      another, but to either protect, or defend a target.

      If anyone needs/wants to authorize, let me know ahead of time, and we can
      work something out.

      Gavin MacAidan

    • Gavin Lusk
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 24, 2012
        Is anyone planning to do any authorisations at Feast of the Hare? I know of
        one primary and one secondary at the moment, but if anyone else is planning
        to authorise, please let me know.

      • anthropicus
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
          I didn't have a chance to get my card stamped this year, so I'll need a new authorization. I'd like to do heavy rapier and parry device. If there'll be someone there that can do cut and thrust authorizations, I'm hoping to get that done too.

          Any MIT opportunities would also be appreciated, I've got two more signatures to go.

          Cheers,
          Guillaume Dangeau

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
            We have at least one primary and another secondary authorization to do, so
            MiT opportunities will abound, and a re-auth shouldn't be a problem. Not
            sure about cut and thrust, will depend on what marshals are there
            (authorizing in that is my winter project as well).

            Looking forward to seeing you.

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
              Greetings all;

              For Hare this year, authorizations and inspections will start at 12:30,
              with the tournament around 1:15 or so. We have several authorizations to do
              - a primary, a couple of secondaries and a reauthorization, so any marshals
              and MiTs who want to help out, it would be appreciated. Also, this is your
              last chance to let me know if you have an authorization you'd like to
              attempt. Please no surprises along those lines the day of.

              We have the list until 4:30, at which point there will be a dance class.
              I'd encourage anyone with energy left at that point to give that a whirl as
              well.

            • Anthropicus Panthera Morphous
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
                Thanks, Gavin!

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 2, 2012
                  GUillaume..don't you also have to take the Marsha''s coarse?

                  Jocelyn

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 2, 2012
                    You're quite right, I still need that. (Sat in on one a couple years ago, but didn't start my paperwork until much later.)

                    Guillaume