Re: [E_Rapier] Measuring blades

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2011
      From Gerrard: Ive been collecting data when
      people and blades become available.
      I am wondering and presuming about " Certain Blades ".
      Those being the ones that already flex dramatically under their own weight !!
      While it is easy enough to clamp the hilt
      parallel to the floor the blades themselves certainly arent
      parallel to the floor even before I add the weight.
      1) very flexible blades
      2) curved blades

      I simply measured these at where ever the tip was
      prior to the weights. Then after adding the weights.
      If I actually placed the tip of the blade
      parallel to the floor and in line with where it
      was clamped the flex would have been HUGE !! ( 4
      - 5 inches prior to weight(s) added )

      In both instances the above blades still had 1/4
      to 5/8 inches of additional flex.
      I also tested the curved blades with the curve
      down and the curve up. No difference seen
      ( so far ... more blades to test )

      So continue as testing or ...??

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2011
        Please continue testing and sending in results, it will remind us to
        adjust the wording to deal with curved blades. And blades that
        already bend under their own weight will be easy to see that they pass
        :-)

        Eyrny