New Society Rapier Marshal

  • Eyrny
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2011
      Greetings unto all Rapier Fighters in the Known World from Baroness Eyrny

      On August 1 I will be the new Society Rapier Marshal. Many thanks to
      Sir Thomas Logan for his time and effort put into this task over the
      last few years!

      I call Ealdormere home, and have been involved in rules development
      for the Midrealm, Ealdormere, and a past revision of the the Corporate
      rules. I love visiting Gulf Wars and Pennsic, and look forward to
      getting to know people from more places.

      One of my goals in my new job is to increase communication with
      everyone doing rapier. On Monday, August 8, on the Pennsic rapier
      field, around 4 pm following the Don/Dona tournament, I will host a
      Moot.

      What's a moot, you may ask? The word comes from the Anglo-Saxons, and
      for Ealdormere it's a custom where everyone gathers, any Royalty take
      off their crowns, and any topic may be discussed. Questions can be
      asked and anyone who knows can answer, proposals can be made and
      commented on, pretty much anything polite goes. One of the topics I'd
      like to see discussed is KWAR, and whether there is interest in having
      another one. Please bring your thoughts and your own questions.

      At other times, feel free to email me at rapier@... or look me up
      on Facebook (Eyrny Ormarrsdottir) and send me a message.

      Please distribute this to all kingdom rapier lists, or other
      interested lists, and if you're coming to Pennsic, I hope to see you
      at the Moot.

      Eyrny
    • patchett
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
        Congratulations Eyrny!

        You'll do a great job, good luck!

        Rylyn

        On 20/07/2011 10:29 PM, Eyrny wrote:
        > Greetings unto all Rapier Fighters in the Known World from Baroness Eyrny
        >
        > On August 1 I will be the new Society Rapier Marshal. Many thanks to
        > Sir Thomas Logan for his time and effort put into this task over the
        > last few years!
        >
        > I call Ealdormere home, and have been involved in rules development
        > for the Midrealm, Ealdormere, and a past revision of the the Corporate
        > rules. I love visiting Gulf Wars and Pennsic, and look forward to
        > getting to know people from more places.
        >
        > One of my goals in my new job is to increase communication with
        > everyone doing rapier. On Monday, August 8, on the Pennsic rapier
        > field, around 4 pm following the Don/Dona tournament, I will host a
        > Moot.
        >
        > What's a moot, you may ask? The word comes from the Anglo-Saxons, and
        > for Ealdormere it's a custom where everyone gathers, any Royalty take
        > off their crowns, and any topic may be discussed. Questions can be
        > asked and anyone who knows can answer, proposals can be made and
        > commented on, pretty much anything polite goes. One of the topics I'd
        > like to see discussed is KWAR, and whether there is interest in having
        > another one. Please bring your thoughts and your own questions.
        >
        > At other times, feel free to email me at rapier@... or look me up
        > on Facebook (Eyrny Ormarrsdottir) and send me a message.
        >
        > Please distribute this to all kingdom rapier lists, or other
        > interested lists, and if you're coming to Pennsic, I hope to see you
        > at the Moot.

        */aut viam inveniam aut faciam/*
        I'll either find a way or make one

      • Nicholas Russon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
          Congratulations on your new role. Now you'll be as scary off the lists as you can be on them! ;-)

          Regards,
          Nicholas

          Nicholas Russon
          nrusson@...

          Blog - http://quotulatiousness.ca/blog
          Quotations - http://quotes.quotulatiousness.ca

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
            Wassail Baroness Eyrny!

            Mateo

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
              From Gerrard: Geee does that mean that we have to behave ...? YIKES !!
              Congrats ! Im certain it will be a very fast and hopefully
              uneventful two years !!

              >Greetings unto all Rapier Fighters in the Known World from Baroness Eyrny
              >
              >On August 1 I will be the new Society Rapier Marshal. Many thanks to
              >Sir Thomas Logan for his time and effort put into this task over the
              >last few years!
              > ---- SNIP ----
              >
              >At other times, feel free to email me at
              ><mailto:rapier%40sca.org>rapier@... or look me up
              >on Facebook (Eyrny Ormarrsdottir) and send me a message.
              >
              >Please distribute this to all kingdom rapier lists, or other
              >interested lists, and if you're coming to Pennsic, I hope to see you
              >at the Moot.
              >
              >Eyrny

            • Cynthia Brown
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
                Congrats Eyrny! Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do a great job :)

                Estienne
                --
                Cynthia H. Brown
                "Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be."