Re: [E_Rapier] elbow protection

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
      I use $5 Walmart foam gardening knee pads. They do in a pinch.

      On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
        I've tried a couple different versions of basic elbow cups, but I hate
        having a single strap going across the inside of my elbow, and I'm
        having very bad luck getting them to stay in place and be comfortable.
        At Gulf Wars I proved why it's a good idea to have the armour,
        unfortunately it had fallen out of position and didn't do it's job.

        I'm hoping for something modern I can try on, and even return if it
        doesn't work out.

        Eyrny

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 17, 2011
          I use a pair of hard over soft elbows for skateboarding/roller bladeing.
          The'yre nice and not to intrusive and have a double set of straps. I also
          use a pair of stainless elbows I inherited from Hoskuld, but I haven't quite
          got the padding down right yet. I find close cell foam a bit too thick and
          cloth padding not padding enough.

          <mailto:lrt512%40sympatico.ca> > wrote:
          > Indeed. I just use the same low-profile stainless elbows I wear when
          > fighting.

        • Aaron Gormanshaw
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
            I have some mousepads now that are 1/8" thick that you can give a try

            Hoskuld