Re: elbow protection

  • boothct@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
      Hey,

      I have been using bike/roller blade pads for knees and elbows.

      That is my two cents.

      Tadc
      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
        I use $5 Walmart foam gardening knee pads. They do in a pinch.

        On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...
        > wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I need elbow protection for cut & thrust rapier, at a minimum padding,
        > but some rigid would be good too. I've just checked out all the
        > hockey elbows at Canadian Tire and I'm not satisfied with any of them.
        > They are bulkier than I need. I do like that there are multiple
        > straps, so I could probably ignore the one right across the inside of
        > the elbow and use the straps above and below the elbow.
        >
        > What other kinds of elbow protection should I look for? Lacrosse
        > comes to mind, but are there others? Any stores that I should look
        > at? I couldn't find anything lacrosse oriented at CT, but there
        > weren't enough staff on hand to be helpful either.

      • steveb1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
          Have you considered talking to your local armourer?

          Gerhard

          On 16/07/2011 12:03 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw wrote:
          > I need elbow protection for cut& thrust rapier, at a minimum padding,
          > but some rigid would be good too. I've just checked out all the
          > hockey elbows at Canadian Tire and I'm not satisfied with any of them.
          > They are bulkier than I need. I do like that there are multiple
          > straps, so I could probably ignore the one right across the inside of
          > the elbow and use the straps above and below the elbow.
          >
          > What other kinds of elbow protection should I look for? Lacrosse
          > comes to mind, but are there others? Any stores that I should look
          > at? I couldn't find anything lacrosse oriented at CT, but there
          > weren't enough staff on hand to be helpful either.
          >
          > Eyrny

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6299 (20110716) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • L. Tremblay
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
            Indeed. I just use the same low-profile stainless elbows I wear when
            fighting.

            Lars

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
              I've tried a couple different versions of basic elbow cups, but I hate
              having a single strap going across the inside of my elbow, and I'm
              having very bad luck getting them to stay in place and be comfortable.
              At Gulf Wars I proved why it's a good idea to have the armour,
              unfortunately it had fallen out of position and didn't do it's job.

              I'm hoping for something modern I can try on, and even return if it
              doesn't work out.

              Eyrny

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 17, 2011
                I use a pair of hard over soft elbows for skateboarding/roller bladeing.
                The'yre nice and not to intrusive and have a double set of straps. I also
                use a pair of stainless elbows I inherited from Hoskuld, but I haven't quite
                got the padding down right yet. I find close cell foam a bit too thick and
                cloth padding not padding enough.

                <mailto:lrt512%40sympatico.ca> > wrote:
                > Indeed. I just use the same low-profile stainless elbows I wear when
                > fighting.

              • Aaron Gormanshaw
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
                  I have some mousepads now that are 1/8" thick that you can give a try

                  Hoskuld