Check your cards!

  • L. Tremblay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2011
      Hi folks,

      My apologies for not sending this message before Trillies. Various
      things conspired to prevent that.

      First, a great wassail and many thanks to Gerrard for doing the Minister
      of the Lists job for so long! Second, I am (for now) the Minister of
      the Lists while we sort out some details about getting the information
      we need for reports recorded correctly.

      Even without warning, I stamped a number of cards this past weekend.
      Some of which were out of date by almost two years! I realise that we
      don't pull our cards out to admire them, so it's easy to forget that
      dates in the mirror may be closer than they appear. Expired cards mean
      more work for everyone. By the book, you need to reauthorise if your
      card expires. That's a pain, so we all need to do better about catching
      expiring cards. We're going to be working on checking cards more
      consistently at events, so that should help people remember better in
      future.

      At any rate, if you're going to Pennsic and your card is expired or
      expiring, don't panic. I will have the stamp at Pennsic. I camp with
      Skraeling Althing (W18, on the lake). Just find me and we'll get
      everyone stamped if they need it as they get inspected and stickered.

      You can also do it the old fashioned way if you are keen or won't be at
      Pennsic.
      Send your card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to me:
      Larry Tremblay
      910-261 Cooper Street
      Ottawa, ON K2P 0G3

      I will also be at Skraeling Baronial Muster and Baron's Howe, so you can
      get stamped there as well.

      Lars