RE: [E_Rapier] RAPIER COMBAT SCHEDULE FOR WotT: "Scottish Wars of Independence": Quest for the

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011

      Firstly, I would like to thank Lady Jocelyn for the wonderful weekend of
      fencing she has planned for the rapier combatants of Ealdormere. It looks
      like it will be a hoot! Secondly, if I may, I would like to add something to
      that list. I would like to sponsor a tourney in the 10 am to 12 pm slot on
      Saturday morning. I would like to propose that I run a German Fechtschule
      style tourney, England vs. Scotland. A fechtschule tourney is a challenge
      format, and the winning team is the one with the greatest number of
      victories on the list. Each person will be provided with a scarf to indicate
      which side they are on. I would also ask that combatants match weapons
      styles whenever possible. There is no individual winner, but I will be
      watching for those who show great prowess and honour. If the sides are
      uneven, it was traditional to even the sides up. The total number of bouts
      in the tourney will be determined by the number of fencers who show up, but
      I am proposing 65 for now. I would like to start the tourney at 10:30 so
      inspections can be done and just in case my Herald's meeting runs over. I
      think this would be a fun tourney for people to get warmed up in for the
      rest of the day'[s events.

      I hope that this proposal is acceptable to the rapier community of
      Ealdormere and to our esteemed Rapier Marshal in Charge, Lady Jocelyn.

      Yours in Service

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
        > THURSDAY EVENING
        > 8pm to dusk
        > WAR LORD TOURNEY -( rapier field) "Who's Scottish and who's English?"
        > Warlord tourney to decide who's Scottish and who's English. Once the field is broken into two sides, the two winning Warlords may either elect a combatant or fight a duel themselves to decide which team is English and which team is Scottish, winning team chooses. Teams are set for the rest of the weekend.  Understanding that not all combatants may be available, it will be up to the two winning warlords to sway, bribe, and recruit combatants as they come to the field throughout the weekend.

        If we won't be there Thursday evening, how do we determine which side we're on?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
          Prepare to be swayed, bribed or recruited when you get there :-)

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
            Oohhhh... Bribes!

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
              Albrecht,

              PLease pick another slot, the Galbraith cup has taken 10am to Noon on Staurday morning

              Jocelyn

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                Everyone,

                Albrect's thanks should be directed at THL Gareth Cambell, who sat at ta skeldaregate practice with me one night and hashed out this program..he's to be credited for the creative thinking and inspreation ..

                Thanks Gareth!

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                  I'll take the noon slot if it's still available.

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> , "Eve

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 14, 2011
                    Its yours!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 16, 2011
                      Rapier schedule has been updated on the Web site!

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 24, 2011
                        Final Schedule updates are up up the schedule. It is a full program that could be impacted by weather and tournament overuns..I ask for everyone's patience and we'll get through everything together.

                        SEE YOU AT THE WAR!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 24, 2011
                          Argggggh! The cloak tourney conflicts with Asa's Crucible meeting. Anyone
                          want to watch my kids for an hour or two? Pretty please? With sugar on top?