RAPIER COMBAT SCHEDULE FOR WotT: "Scottish Wars of Independence": Quest for the

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 12, 2011
      RAPIER COMBAT SCHEDULE FOR WotT: "Scottish Wars of Independence": Quest for the Stone of Scone!

      NOTES:
      The schedule has openings for authorizations, sponsored tournaments and classes. If there is a particular slot in which you would like to
      sponsor a Tourney or teach a class please contact Jocelyn Cranewall at tamlin01@....

      Also, should anyone wish to sponsor a torchlight tourney for Thursday night, same night as Armored combat, please contact Jocelyn Cranewall at tamlin01@....

      Any Marshall's available to help with Marshaling any of the fights listed below, please contact Jocelyn Cranewall at tamlin01@....
      Prizes will be awarded to the winning team (Scottish or English) and the final War Lord.

      THURSDAY EVENING
      8pm to dusk
      Authorizations
      WAR LORD TOURNEY -( rapier field) "Who's Scottish and who's English?"
      Warlord tourney to decide who's Scottish and who's English. Once the field is broken into two sides, the two winning Warlords may either elect a combatant or fight a duel themselves to decide which team is English and which team is Scottish, winning team chooses. Teams are set for the rest of the weekend. Understanding that not all combatants may be available, it will be up to the two winning warlords to sway, bribe, and recruit combatants as they come to the field throughout the weekend.

      FRIDAY
      10 am
      WOODS Battle - one hour resurrection battle in the woods: "The Stone is Lost!"
      The stolen stone has been lost in the Woods while on route to London, and must be found!. A timed 1 hour woods battle pitting the English and Scott's against each other to return the stone to their resurrection point as many times as possible. Each team has a stone bearer to carry the stone who may not fight. The stone bearer is killed if all of their teammates are dead, leaving no one to guard the bearer. If the Stone bearer is killed the stone must be placed on the ground until one team successfully recovers the stone with a new bearer. Each time the stone is returned, the game is reset. The team with the most returns has possession of the stone for the Bridge battle.
      11 am
      OPEN FOR AUTHORIZATIONS, TEACHING A CLASS, SPARING OR SPONSORED TOURNEY
      1 pm

      BRIDGE BATTLE - one hour resurrection( rapier field):"Battle of Sterling Bridge"
      Bridge battle, the team having recovered the stone in the woods must now return the stone home, weither that be to Scotland or under the throne of England. They must cross the bridge to home. But the opposition has the bridge. One hour timed bridge melee, the team to get the stone over the bridge as many times as possible wins the battle and brings it home. Each team has a stone bearer that can not fight as he is bearing the stone across the bridge. His team mates must protect him at all costs. If the bearer is killed or the stone is dropped or there are no protectors left the opposition gets an interception and gains the stone. Each time the stone crosses the bridge the game is reset, stone starting in the losing teams hands. The team having performed the most crossings has possession of the stone and must bring it home.
      6 pm to dusk
      OPEN FOR AUTHORIZATIONS, TEACHING A CLASS, SPARING OR SPONSORED TOURNEY

      SATURDAY
      10am
      OPEN FOR AUTHORIZATIONS, TEACHING A CLASS, SPARING OR SPONSORED TOURNEY
      12 pm
      OPEN FOR AUTHORIZATIONS, TEACHING A CLASS, SPARING OR SPONSORED TOURNEY
      1 pm
      MORDAIN'S RINGS:"There Can be only ONE"
      The stone is home, but there is dissension in the court as claims of right to rule are fill the air. Scottish or English, only one may rule. Mordaine's rings will decide who will rule. Everyone starts in the center, as each combatant dies or steps down one ring the number will thin until only one combatant per ring remains..
      2 pm
      OPEN FOR, TEACHING A CLASS, SPARING OR SPONSORED TOURNEY

      One final note, many thanks to THL Gareth Cambell for the programming of the weekend's events.

      Hope to see you all at Trillium War
      Jocelyn Cranewall, MIC

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011

          Firstly, I would like to thank Lady Jocelyn for the wonderful weekend of
          fencing she has planned for the rapier combatants of Ealdormere. It looks
          like it will be a hoot! Secondly, if I may, I would like to add something to
          that list. I would like to sponsor a tourney in the 10 am to 12 pm slot on
          Saturday morning. I would like to propose that I run a German Fechtschule
          style tourney, England vs. Scotland. A fechtschule tourney is a challenge
          format, and the winning team is the one with the greatest number of
          victories on the list. Each person will be provided with a scarf to indicate
          which side they are on. I would also ask that combatants match weapons
          styles whenever possible. There is no individual winner, but I will be
          watching for those who show great prowess and honour. If the sides are
          uneven, it was traditional to even the sides up. The total number of bouts
          in the tourney will be determined by the number of fencers who show up, but
          I am proposing 65 for now. I would like to start the tourney at 10:30 so
          inspections can be done and just in case my Herald's meeting runs over. I
          think this would be a fun tourney for people to get warmed up in for the
          rest of the day'[s events.

          I hope that this proposal is acceptable to the rapier community of
          Ealdormere and to our esteemed Rapier Marshal in Charge, Lady Jocelyn.

          Yours in Service

          tamlin01@... <mailto:tamlin01%40hotmail.com> .

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
            > THURSDAY EVENING
            > 8pm to dusk
            > WAR LORD TOURNEY -( rapier field) "Who's Scottish and who's English?"
            > Warlord tourney to decide who's Scottish and who's English. Once the field is broken into two sides, the two winning Warlords may either elect a combatant or fight a duel themselves to decide which team is English and which team is Scottish, winning team chooses. Teams are set for the rest of the weekend.  Understanding that not all combatants may be available, it will be up to the two winning warlords to sway, bribe, and recruit combatants as they come to the field throughout the weekend.

            If we won't be there Thursday evening, how do we determine which side we're on?

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
              Prepare to be swayed, bribed or recruited when you get there :-)

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                Oohhhh... Bribes!

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                  Albrecht,

                  PLease pick another slot, the Galbraith cup has taken 10am to Noon on Staurday morning

                  Jocelyn

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                    Everyone,

                    Albrect's thanks should be directed at THL Gareth Cambell, who sat at ta skeldaregate practice with me one night and hashed out this program..he's to be credited for the creative thinking and inspreation ..

                    Thanks Gareth!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 13, 2011
                      I'll take the noon slot if it's still available.

                      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> , "Eve

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 14, 2011
                        Its yours!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 16, 2011
                          Rapier schedule has been updated on the Web site!

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 24, 2011
                            Final Schedule updates are up up the schedule. It is a full program that could be impacted by weather and tournament overuns..I ask for everyone's patience and we'll get through everything together.

                            SEE YOU AT THE WAR!

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 24, 2011
                              Argggggh! The cloak tourney conflicts with Asa's Crucible meeting. Anyone
                              want to watch my kids for an hour or two? Pretty please? With sugar on top?