Longsword Practice

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011

      This is just a reminder that Baron Hoskuld and I will be running a German
      longsword only fencing practice starting on Sunday, May 8th at the
      University of Guelph. The practice will be held in room 103 of the
      University Centre from 10 am to 12 pm. If people wish to continue and the
      weather is good, we can take it outside after 12. It is an SCA practice with
      SCA armour requirements. Again, this is a practice for the use of the
      longsword so there will not be a regular rapier component. It will be run in
      accordance with the rules and armour standards for Cut & Thrust Rapier,
      which require a minimum of rigid protection for the back of the head and
      padded elbows. Other armour, like forearm protection, solid elbows, and knee
      pads can be worn as well and gauntlets that allow finger mobility are highly
      recommended.

      Please e-mail me if you have any questions.

      Yours in Service