Re: Rapier Summer Fight Practice Site

  • Catherine of Eoforwic
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2007
      Hey,

      I'm an Eoforwickian fencer, but I don't drive - am I
      missing out on "fun" stuff here?!

      Transporter? Can I borrow it to get to work? How
      many car accidents does that require? I've heard of
      things costing "an arm and a leg" but do we have to be
      so literal around here!

      Will there actually be anybody to fence against if I
      lug my gear on Sunday? Or do I stay home and contemplate
      what to do with my apprentice "paycheque" (wool and linen
      as per my indenture! And 10 "pence"!)?

      Inquiring minds want to know!

      In Service,

      Catherine

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Anna B <abaginski@...> wrote:
      Deal. We don't have any more car accidents, but you have to
      promise to share your teleporter with us.

      Fair?

      Rusalka

      From: "Kathleen Gormanshaw" <kgormanshaw@...>

      Message 2 of 9 , May 13, 2007
        Oi!

        No luck for the fair... Glad to hear you're still up
        and able...

        Heartfelt concern from us Trino way,

        Mateo
        --- Yvonne Rogers <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

        > To all Rapier Combatants,
        >
        > Sunday practices are now outdoors. See the message
        > below for the
        > location.
        >
        > Also, pleaes know that I am not able to play for the
        > next while, the
        > car accidient I had on Tuesday has rendered torn
        > muscule tissue below
        > the left sappula (shoulder blade). The doctors have
        > advised me that
        > I am not to play for 2 months ( which really sucks).
        >
        > Look for further updates on added summer practices
        > which will start
        > soon.
        >
        > Yours truly
        > Lady Jocelyne
        >

        > Greetings all,
        >
        > The summer fight site is in a park just northeast
        > of FACT. To get
        > there, head to Dupont and Ossington; it is a short
        > block east of
        > FACT.
        > Walk or drive north under the railroad bridge. Take
        > the first left
        > onto Geary
        > Ave.; the park is on the left beside the railroad
        > tracks.
        > Last Sunday afternoon there was ample street
        > parking. Here is an
        > ugly link; if it doesn't work for you, search for
        > "ossington and
        > geary, toronto" at maps.google.com.

        http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Ossington+Ave+%

        26+Geary+Ave,+Toronto,+To\ronto,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=43.67142,-

        http://mail.yahoo.com