Rapier at Summer Siege - June 25

  • David Gotlieb
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      Greetings Unto the List,

      I know that June 25th seems far away but I thought I would start spreading the
      word about the rapier activities that we're planning for Harrowgate Heath's
      summer event this year. For those in the southern part of the Kingdom who have
      not been to Summer Siege, this event has been growing for the past two years and
      we have a huge list of activities planned.

      So, if you want to have fun fencing - this is your event.
      Or, if you just want to see if I'll fall flat on my face with my first event as
      MIC, hey that works too. Maybe we can start a pool?

      The autocrat has set aside a separate list field for rapier and is going to be
      building us our own hay bale structure. No sharing with the armoured combatants,
      which means a full day of fencing.

      Tournament details are still being finalized, but we will have melee (it is
      Summer SIEGE after all). There will also be a triathlon where participants can
      gather scores from three of rapier, A&S, archery, thrown weapons and armoured
      combat. (The rapier portion of the Triathlon is scheduled to run from
      10:30-12:00 as of right now)

      There will be prizes, there will be equestrian demonstrations (but not like the
      mounted rapier at Coronation unfortunately), there will be a feast.

      The event is being held at the Chesterville Fair Grounds in Chesterville
      Ontario, which is about 30 minutes south of Ottawa, so is just a short jaunt off
      the 401.

      The event web site is still pending, but I will try to make sure that schedules
      and tournament details are posted as soon as possible. In the meantime, please
      consider adding Summer Siege to your calendars.

      YIS,

      Lord Dafydd ap Alan