FOOL Class/Longsword Practice

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011

      I have two items of note for the rapier community. First, I will be teaching
      a class on Cut & Thrust rapier, Italian style a Fruits of Our Labour
      (http://fool.lilleypress.com/). The class is at 9 am on the Saturday of the
      event. Yes, I know it's brutally early but I will be there and if you have
      any interest in pursuing C&T, this would be a good place to start. No extra
      gear is required for the drill part of the class but the more advanced parts
      of the class will require the minimum C&T gear (i.e. solid protection for
      the back of the head and a minimum of padded elbows, though I recommend
      solid).

      Secondly, Baron Hoskuld and I will be running a longsword only practice
      starting on Sunday, May 8th at the University of Guelph. The class will be
      held in room 103 of the University Centre from 10 am to 12 pm. If people
      wish to continue and the weather is good, we can take it outside after 12.
      It is an SCA practice with SCA armour requirements. Again, this is a
      practice for the use longsword so there will not be a regular rapier
      component. It will be run in accordance with the rules and armour standards
      for Cut & Thrust.

      Please e-mail me if you have any questions.

      Yours in Service