Re: [E_Rapier] Murder Melee XXVIII: Boar Wars 3

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2011
      I'm sorry to say I will be unable to attend this year. i'll be
      teaching at an event in ohio that weekend.

      I hope you have the usual amazing weather.

      --j

      On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Kurushima Yoshiatsu
      <locusthellion@...> wrote:
      > Yes, of course it's almost here!  I lost track of time...  Ack.
      >
      > Come one, come all!  Murder Melee this year is the weekend BEFORE Father's Day weekend (Thursday June 9th to Sunday June 12th).  Same site as the last 3 years, Blue Springs Scout Reserve, 14009 6th Line Nassagaweya in Acton.
      >
      > The schedule will be roughly the same as last year, though I have not finalized anything yet:
      >
      > List open on Friday for sparring and such, depending of course on the availability of marshals.  I do not yet know if I'll be there on Friday day.  Work schedule is pending.
      >
      > Saturday, 10am:  Inspections and authorizations.  The earlier you get there, the better.
      >
      > 11:30am:  The 3rd annual MM novice rapier tournament!  This year I'm planning a round robin style tournament, depending on numbers of course.  We had 9 last year, including the King! :)  To enter, you have to be a fencer who has had their primary authorization for less than 2 years, and not won this tournament before.  The only weapon style permitted in the tournament this year is single sword.
      >
      > I have not yet heard from Lady Jocelyn whether there will be an Academy business taking place.  If someone is planning a prize fight, please let her and myself know.  The sooner I know, the sooner I can finalize a schedule.
      >
      > 1:30pm:  MELEE MELEE MELEE!  Of course!  As with the last two years, we're heading into the woods!  For those of you going to Pennsic, a chance to practice melee woods fighting before the big battle.
      >
      > As in the previous two years, I have the honor of being the RMiC.  However, this year my household has asked me to fight in the 10 man melee tournament on Saturday (actually, they told me I was doing it one way or the other. lol)  Therefore, I will require the assistance of other marshals while the tournament is running.  I believe my constable Lady Rachel will be there, but anyone who can lend a hand would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > As with every year, I look forward to this great event.  I hope to see you all there!!
      >
      > Yours In Service,
      >
      > Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)

    • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31 8:08 PM
        Less than 10 days away now... Just throwing out a reminder guys. I hope you all can make it. :)

        Yoshi