Murder Melee XXVIII: Boar Wars 3

  • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22 8:34 AM
      Yes, of course it's almost here! I lost track of time... Ack.

      Come one, come all! Murder Melee this year is the weekend BEFORE Father's Day weekend (Thursday June 9th to Sunday June 12th). Same site as the last 3 years, Blue Springs Scout Reserve, 14009 6th Line Nassagaweya in Acton.

      The schedule will be roughly the same as last year, though I have not finalized anything yet:

      List open on Friday for sparring and such, depending of course on the availability of marshals. I do not yet know if I'll be there on Friday day. Work schedule is pending.

      Saturday, 10am: Inspections and authorizations. The earlier you get there, the better.

      11:30am: The 3rd annual MM novice rapier tournament! This year I'm planning a round robin style tournament, depending on numbers of course. We had 9 last year, including the King! :) To enter, you have to be a fencer who has had their primary authorization for less than 2 years, and not won this tournament before. The only weapon style permitted in the tournament this year is single sword.

      I have not yet heard from Lady Jocelyn whether there will be an Academy business taking place. If someone is planning a prize fight, please let her and myself know. The sooner I know, the sooner I can finalize a schedule.

      1:30pm: MELEE MELEE MELEE! Of course! As with the last two years, we're heading into the woods! For those of you going to Pennsic, a chance to practice melee woods fighting before the big battle.

      As in the previous two years, I have the honor of being the RMiC. However, this year my household has asked me to fight in the 10 man melee tournament on Saturday (actually, they told me I was doing it one way or the other. lol) Therefore, I will require the assistance of other marshals while the tournament is running. I believe my constable Lady Rachel will be there, but anyone who can lend a hand would be greatly appreciated.

      As with every year, I look forward to this great event. I hope to see you all there!!

      Yours In Service,

      Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 10:54 AM
        I'm sorry to say I will be unable to attend this year. i'll be
        teaching at an event in ohio that weekend.

        I hope you have the usual amazing weather.

        --j

        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2011
          Less than 10 days away now... Just throwing out a reminder guys. I hope you all can make it. :)

          Yoshi