RE: [E_Rapier] FOOL - interest in a class where you make a metal gorget?

  • David Biggs
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
      I don't need a gorget myself, but I'd pay for the chance to own a pair of metal C&T gauntlets.
      dab/aeron

    • Aaron Gormanshaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
        not this time....

        Hoskuld

        On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...>wrote:

        > I don't need a gorget myself, but I'd pay for the chance to own a pair of
        > metal C&T gauntlets.
        >
        > dab/aeron
        >
        > > To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: agormanshaw@...
        > > Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:09:28 -0400
        > > Subject: [E_Rapier] FOOL - interest in a class where you make a metal
        > gorget?
        >

        > > I am thinking of offering a hands-on class to make gorgets for rapier if
        > > there is enough interest. The class cost would be $25, and you would
        > finish
        > > with a usable gorget (and if you have not finished, the equipment will be
        > > available for you to keep working over the weekend to finish it). The
        > > gorget would be in aluminum, and a picture is in the E-Raier photos:

        > > Is there interest?
        > >
        > > Hoskuld
        > >

        > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
        > > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
        > >

        > > > FOOL = Fruits Of Our Labours
        > > > List = the rapier field
        > > >
        > > > Eyrny

        > be
        > > > interested in teaching anything associated to rapier, or wish to lead a
        > > > practice of some nature. There are no limits to what can be taught,
        > from
        > > > basic foot work, melee drills to period master manuals. If you are
        > > > interested in teaching a class or leading a practice, please let me
        > know by
        > > > contacting me at

        > practice
        > > > type description, amount of time and field required, what day you would
        > like
        > > > to teach Saturday or Sunday?

        > > > classes and advertise appropriately.

        > already
        > > > been published in the Tidings.

      • Ryan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011
          I couldn't turn down such a great opportunity to make a gorget that fits my long neck! Count me interested.

          Beathan MacFinnon
          (mka Ryan Thorpe)

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Gormanshaw <agormanshaw@...> wrote:

          > I am thinking of offering a hands-on class to make gorgets for rapier if
          > there is enough interest. The class cost would be $25, and you would finish
          > with a usable gorget (and if you have not finished, the equipment will be
          > available for you to keep working over the weekend to finish it). The
          > gorget would be in aluminum, and a picture is in the E-Raier photos:
          >
          > Is there interest?
          >
          > Hoskuld
          >

          > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
          > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
          >

          > > FOOL = Fruits Of Our Labours
          > > List = the rapier field
          > >
          > > Eyrny
          > >

          > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > What and where and when is List a Fool?
          > > > dab/aeron

          > > interested in teaching anything associated to rapier, or wish to lead a
          > > practice of some nature. There are no limits to what can be taught, from
          > > basic foot work, melee drills to period master manuals. If you are
          > > interested in teaching a class or leading a practice, please let me know by
          > > contacting me at

          > > type description, amount of time and field required, what day you would like
          > > to teach Saturday or Sunday?

          > > classes and advertise appropriately.

          > > been published in the Tidings.

        • Tyler Booth