FOOL - interest in a class where you make a metal gorget?

  • Aaron Gormanshaw
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
      I am thinking of offering a hands-on class to make gorgets for rapier if
      there is enough interest. The class cost would be $25, and you would finish
      with a usable gorget (and if you have not finished, the equipment will be
      available for you to keep working over the weekend to finish it). The
      gorget would be in aluminum, and a picture is in the E-Raier photos:

      Is there interest?

      Hoskuld

      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
      <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:

      > FOOL = Fruits Of Our Labours
      > List = the rapier field
      >
      > Eyrny
      >

      > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > What and where and when is List a Fool?
      > > dab/aeron
      > >
      > >> To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      > >> From: tamlin_01@...
      > >> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:52:10 +0000
      > >> Subject: [E_Rapier] FOOL RAPIER LIST - CALL FOR INSTRUCTORS
      > >>
      > >> Hi All!
      > >>
      > >> So I've been asked to Marshall the List a Fool.
      > >>
      > >> In the theme of the event, I am opening the list to those who would be
      > interested in teaching anything associated to rapier, or wish to lead a
      > practice of some nature. There are no limits to what can be taught, from
      > basic foot work, melee drills to period master manuals. If you are
      > interested in teaching a class or leading a practice, please let me know by
      > contacting me at
      > >>
      > >> tamlin01@....
      > >>
      > >> Please include the following: Class or practice title, class or practice
      > type description, amount of time and field required, what day you would like
      > to teach Saturday or Sunday?
      > >>
      > >> PLease send me this information before April 9th so that we can post
      > classes and advertise appropriately.
      > >>
      > >> EAOD Prize fights will get advertised as well for those who have already
      > been published in the Tidings.
      > >>
      > >> Yours truly
      > >> Jocelyn Cranewall/Yvonne Rogers

    • David Biggs
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
        I don't need a gorget myself, but I'd pay for the chance to own a pair of metal C&T gauntlets.
        dab/aeron

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
          not this time....

          Hoskuld

          On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...>wrote:

          > I don't need a gorget myself, but I'd pay for the chance to own a pair of
          > metal C&T gauntlets.
          >
          > dab/aeron
          >
          > > To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: agormanshaw@...
          > > Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:09:28 -0400
          > > Subject: [E_Rapier] FOOL - interest in a class where you make a metal
          > gorget?
          >

          > > I am thinking of offering a hands-on class to make gorgets for rapier if
          > > there is enough interest. The class cost would be $25, and you would
          > finish
          > > with a usable gorget (and if you have not finished, the equipment will be
          > > available for you to keep working over the weekend to finish it). The
          > > gorget would be in aluminum, and a picture is in the E-Raier photos:

          > > Is there interest?
          > >
          > > Hoskuld
          > >

          > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
          > > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
          > >

          > > > FOOL = Fruits Of Our Labours
          > > > List = the rapier field
          > > >
          > > > Eyrny

          > be
          > > > interested in teaching anything associated to rapier, or wish to lead a
          > > > practice of some nature. There are no limits to what can be taught,
          > from
          > > > basic foot work, melee drills to period master manuals. If you are
          > > > interested in teaching a class or leading a practice, please let me
          > know by
          > > > contacting me at

          > practice
          > > > type description, amount of time and field required, what day you would
          > like
          > > > to teach Saturday or Sunday?

          > > > classes and advertise appropriately.

          > already
          > > > been published in the Tidings.

        • Ryan
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011
            I couldn't turn down such a great opportunity to make a gorget that fits my long neck! Count me interested.

            Beathan MacFinnon
            (mka Ryan Thorpe)

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Gormanshaw <agormanshaw@...> wrote:

            > I am thinking of offering a hands-on class to make gorgets for rapier if
            > there is enough interest. The class cost would be $25, and you would finish
            > with a usable gorget (and if you have not finished, the equipment will be
            > available for you to keep working over the weekend to finish it). The
            > gorget would be in aluminum, and a picture is in the E-Raier photos:
            >
            > Is there interest?
            >
            > Hoskuld
            >

            > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
            > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
            >

            > > FOOL = Fruits Of Our Labours
            > > List = the rapier field
            > >
            > > Eyrny
            > >

            > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > What and where and when is List a Fool?
            > > > dab/aeron

            > > interested in teaching anything associated to rapier, or wish to lead a
            > > practice of some nature. There are no limits to what can be taught, from
            > > basic foot work, melee drills to period master manuals. If you are
            > > interested in teaching a class or leading a practice, please let me know by
            > > contacting me at

            > > type description, amount of time and field required, what day you would like
            > > to teach Saturday or Sunday?

            > > classes and advertise appropriately.

            > > been published in the Tidings.

          • Tyler Booth