Re: [E_Rapier] St. Val Day R.M. I.C. ??

  • April Lognon
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
      Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
      the show and I was a just in case.

      Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
      ideas, as you know.

      Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
      me know and we can set a time for me to call you?

      Cheers
      Robyn/April

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
        On the Hammer list, Giovanni stepped forward to be Marshal in Charge,
        and it sounds like we'll have lots of back-up and help in case of poor
        travelling conditions or other emergencies.

        Eyrny

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
          Dearest sweet young woman ...!
          Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
          taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
          However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??

          I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be
          attending. ( camping )

          At 07:24 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
          >Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
          >the show and I was a just in case.
          >
          >Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
          >ideas, as you know.
          >
          > Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
          >me know and we can set a time for me to call you?
          >
          >Cheers
          >Robyn/April
        • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 22, 2011
            So..... at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P

            I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying.... and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.

            Yoshi

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
              Hi All,

              Yes, I'll be running the tourney although since we have a whole
              weekend, I'm sure we can run more than one.

              The planned Tournament uses a format inspired by King/Champion (here
              called King/Challenger) rules used in the Belgian fencing guilds at
              least as early as 1600 AD. I'm stealing it from the tournaments run at
              the Longpoint 2011 WMA event I was at last weekend. It is an
              interesting variant on a bear pit.

              Fighters will be assigned “lots” (position in line) based on something
              I have yet to decide. It might be random, it might be related to
              precedence or it might be for the top players in a preliminary round.
              I've not decided.

              The fighter with the #1 lot is the first “king.” The #2 fighter is
              the first “challenger.” The winner of that bout remains/becomes the
              King for the next bout. The loser goes to the end of the line and
              loses one
              venny. This process continues with the bout-final king always
              remaining in the ring and the loser going to the end of the line. When
              a fighter has expended all of his vennies he is eliminated from the
              tournament.

              So, what's a venny? It's basically a life. Each fighter starts with
              two (2) vennies. Any fighter to remain King for four (4) consecutive
              bouts or longer receives an additional venny. Up to two (2) additional
              vennies total, per fighter, may be earned in this way. No fighter will
              have more than four (4) vennies (do the math).

              Winner of the Tournament. The winner of the final bout (between the
              last remaining Challenger and the King) is the winner of the
              tournament. The loser of the final bout is second place. The loser of
              the second-to-last bout is third place. So you can see that it is very
              adventageous to be in that last spot. If, for example, no one manages
              to get an extra Venny, the person is the last spot is guaranteed
              second place.

              Traditionally, the initial order was based on some sort of ranking.
              Given that we want people to be able to fence a lot, the order for
              this will probably be determined by some initial round robin type
              thing and perhaps your starting Vennys will be based on your abilities
              as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
              fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
              fair.

              --Giovanni

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                sounds like fun!

                Jocelyn
                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                > fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                > fair.
                >
                > --Giovanni
                >
                > On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                > <locusthellion@...> wrote:
                > > So.....  at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P
                > >
                > > I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying....  and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.
                > >
                > > Yoshi
                > >
                > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                > >> Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                > >> taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                > >> However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??
                > >>
                > >> I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be

              • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                  I'd like to thank the fencers that made it out to Coeur de Glace this past weekend. I think that Bastille du Lac has a good thing going, and I highly recomend that all of you give serious thought to going next year. I've already offered to be the RMiC for next year. The format was great, fun was had by all. :)

                  Yoshi

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...> wrote:

                  > What can anyone tell me about this event? I can find nothing about it online.
                  > dab/aeron harper

                • David Biggs
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                    Indeed! Good people and great fun! I'll be there next year.
                    dab/aeron