Re: EAOD PRIZE FIGHTS

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
      Hello All,

      Last chance to confirm or announce intent to do prize fights at Winter War!

      I've no one listed and will be sending my add to the Tidings Monday.

      Again, if you desire to do a prize fight at Winter War you must let me know no later then Monday.

      Yours truly,
      YVonne Rogers

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
        Just wondering whom the Rapier Marshal in Charge of St. Valentines
        Massacre is ?
        All I know is that the " Hammers " were asked to assist.

        If no one wants it ,I'll take it.
        Except I shall need a separate Marshall for the Kill Yoshi tourney
        of which I get the first ten bouts !!
        I have a few fresh Ideas I wouldn't mind trying.
      • April Lognon
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
          Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
          the show and I was a just in case.

          Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
          ideas, as you know.

          Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
          me know and we can set a time for me to call you?

          Cheers
          Robyn/April

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
            On the Hammer list, Giovanni stepped forward to be Marshal in Charge,
            and it sounds like we'll have lots of back-up and help in case of poor
            travelling conditions or other emergencies.

            Eyrny

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
              Dearest sweet young woman ...!
              Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
              taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
              However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??

              I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be
              attending. ( camping )

              At 07:24 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
              >Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
              >the show and I was a just in case.
              >
              >Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
              >ideas, as you know.
              >
              > Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
              >me know and we can set a time for me to call you?
              >
              >Cheers
              >Robyn/April
            • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 22, 2011
                So..... at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P

                I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying.... and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.

                Yoshi

                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                  Hi All,

                  Yes, I'll be running the tourney although since we have a whole
                  weekend, I'm sure we can run more than one.

                  The planned Tournament uses a format inspired by King/Champion (here
                  called King/Challenger) rules used in the Belgian fencing guilds at
                  least as early as 1600 AD. I'm stealing it from the tournaments run at
                  the Longpoint 2011 WMA event I was at last weekend. It is an
                  interesting variant on a bear pit.

                  Fighters will be assigned “lots” (position in line) based on something
                  I have yet to decide. It might be random, it might be related to
                  precedence or it might be for the top players in a preliminary round.
                  I've not decided.

                  The fighter with the #1 lot is the first “king.” The #2 fighter is
                  the first “challenger.” The winner of that bout remains/becomes the
                  King for the next bout. The loser goes to the end of the line and
                  loses one
                  venny. This process continues with the bout-final king always
                  remaining in the ring and the loser going to the end of the line. When
                  a fighter has expended all of his vennies he is eliminated from the
                  tournament.

                  So, what's a venny? It's basically a life. Each fighter starts with
                  two (2) vennies. Any fighter to remain King for four (4) consecutive
                  bouts or longer receives an additional venny. Up to two (2) additional
                  vennies total, per fighter, may be earned in this way. No fighter will
                  have more than four (4) vennies (do the math).

                  Winner of the Tournament. The winner of the final bout (between the
                  last remaining Challenger and the King) is the winner of the
                  tournament. The loser of the final bout is second place. The loser of
                  the second-to-last bout is third place. So you can see that it is very
                  adventageous to be in that last spot. If, for example, no one manages
                  to get an extra Venny, the person is the last spot is guaranteed
                  second place.

                  Traditionally, the initial order was based on some sort of ranking.
                  Given that we want people to be able to fence a lot, the order for
                  this will probably be determined by some initial round robin type
                  thing and perhaps your starting Vennys will be based on your abilities
                  as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                  fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                  fair.

                  --Giovanni

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                    sounds like fun!

                    Jocelyn
                    --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                    > fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                    > fair.
                    >
                    > --Giovanni
                    >
                    > On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                    > <locusthellion@...> wrote:
                    > > So.....  at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P
                    > >
                    > > I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying....  and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.
                    > >
                    > > Yoshi
                    > >
                    > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
                    > >>
                    > >> Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                    > >> Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                    > >> taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                    > >> However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??
                    > >>
                    > >> I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be

                  • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                      I'd like to thank the fencers that made it out to Coeur de Glace this past weekend. I think that Bastille du Lac has a good thing going, and I highly recomend that all of you give serious thought to going next year. I've already offered to be the RMiC for next year. The format was great, fun was had by all. :)

                      Yoshi

                      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...> wrote:

                      > What can anyone tell me about this event? I can find nothing about it online.
                      > dab/aeron harper

                    • David Biggs
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                        Indeed! Good people and great fun! I'll be there next year.
                        dab/aeron