Re: [E_Rapier] Female chest protector

  • Ross Weaver
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011
      I do not know of anyone that nees one. But I can share the tip the I
      collected years ago at Pennsic during a rapier armour discussion. A
      number of women felt that the typical chest protectors did not suit
      our game well. But a cheap heavily padded (the ones that are like 1/2
      inch thick of foam) work quite well as chest protection.

      ~Wilhelm

      --
      Sent from my mobile device
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011

        > So are there any very petite female fencers seeking plastic chest

        You could look for a local fencing club with teenagers too.

        Eyrny
      • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 19, 2011
          I'll take that bet! LOL

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
            Hello All,

            Last chance to confirm or announce intent to do prize fights at Winter War!

            I've no one listed and will be sending my add to the Tidings Monday.

            Again, if you desire to do a prize fight at Winter War you must let me know no later then Monday.

            Yours truly,
            YVonne Rogers

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
              Just wondering whom the Rapier Marshal in Charge of St. Valentines
              Massacre is ?
              All I know is that the " Hammers " were asked to assist.

              If no one wants it ,I'll take it.
              Except I shall need a separate Marshall for the Kill Yoshi tourney
              of which I get the first ten bouts !!
              I have a few fresh Ideas I wouldn't mind trying.
            • April Lognon
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
                the show and I was a just in case.

                Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
                ideas, as you know.

                Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
                me know and we can set a time for me to call you?

                Cheers
                Robyn/April

                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                  On the Hammer list, Giovanni stepped forward to be Marshal in Charge,
                  and it sounds like we'll have lots of back-up and help in case of poor
                  travelling conditions or other emergencies.

                  Eyrny

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                    Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                    Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                    taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                    However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??

                    I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be
                    attending. ( camping )

                    At 07:24 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
                    >Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
                    >the show and I was a just in case.
                    >
                    >Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
                    >ideas, as you know.
                    >
                    > Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
                    >me know and we can set a time for me to call you?
                    >
                    >Cheers
                    >Robyn/April
                  • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 22, 2011
                      So..... at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P

                      I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying.... and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.

                      Yoshi

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                        Hi All,

                        Yes, I'll be running the tourney although since we have a whole
                        weekend, I'm sure we can run more than one.

                        The planned Tournament uses a format inspired by King/Champion (here
                        called King/Challenger) rules used in the Belgian fencing guilds at
                        least as early as 1600 AD. I'm stealing it from the tournaments run at
                        the Longpoint 2011 WMA event I was at last weekend. It is an
                        interesting variant on a bear pit.

                        Fighters will be assigned “lots” (position in line) based on something
                        I have yet to decide. It might be random, it might be related to
                        precedence or it might be for the top players in a preliminary round.
                        I've not decided.

                        The fighter with the #1 lot is the first “king.” The #2 fighter is
                        the first “challenger.” The winner of that bout remains/becomes the
                        King for the next bout. The loser goes to the end of the line and
                        loses one
                        venny. This process continues with the bout-final king always
                        remaining in the ring and the loser going to the end of the line. When
                        a fighter has expended all of his vennies he is eliminated from the
                        tournament.

                        So, what's a venny? It's basically a life. Each fighter starts with
                        two (2) vennies. Any fighter to remain King for four (4) consecutive
                        bouts or longer receives an additional venny. Up to two (2) additional
                        vennies total, per fighter, may be earned in this way. No fighter will
                        have more than four (4) vennies (do the math).

                        Winner of the Tournament. The winner of the final bout (between the
                        last remaining Challenger and the King) is the winner of the
                        tournament. The loser of the final bout is second place. The loser of
                        the second-to-last bout is third place. So you can see that it is very
                        adventageous to be in that last spot. If, for example, no one manages
                        to get an extra Venny, the person is the last spot is guaranteed
                        second place.

                        Traditionally, the initial order was based on some sort of ranking.
                        Given that we want people to be able to fence a lot, the order for
                        this will probably be determined by some initial round robin type
                        thing and perhaps your starting Vennys will be based on your abilities
                        as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                        fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                        fair.

                        --Giovanni

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                          sounds like fun!

                          Jocelyn
                          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                          > fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                          > fair.
                          >
                          > --Giovanni
                          >
                          > On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                          > <locusthellion@...> wrote:
                          > > So.....  at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P
                          > >
                          > > I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying....  and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.
                          > >
                          > > Yoshi
                          > >
                          > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
                          > >>
                          > >> Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                          > >> Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                          > >> taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                          > >> However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??
                          > >>
                          > >> I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be

                        • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 1 6:40 PM
                            I'd like to thank the fencers that made it out to Coeur de Glace this past weekend. I think that Bastille du Lac has a good thing going, and I highly recomend that all of you give serious thought to going next year. I've already offered to be the RMiC for next year. The format was great, fun was had by all. :)

                            Yoshi

                            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...> wrote:

                            > What can anyone tell me about this event? I can find nothing about it online.
                            > dab/aeron harper

                          • David Biggs
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 1 6:46 PM
                              Indeed! Good people and great fun! I'll be there next year.
                              dab/aeron