Rapier Summer Fight Practice Site

  • Yvonne Rogers
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2007
      To all Rapier Combatants,

      Sunday practices are now outdoors. See the message below for the
      location.

      Also, pleaes know that I am not able to play for the next while, the
      car accidient I had on Tuesday has rendered torn muscule tissue below
      the left sappula (shoulder blade). The doctors have advised me that
      I am not to play for 2 months ( which really sucks).

      Look for further updates on added summer practices which will start
      soon.

      Yours truly
      Lady Jocelyne

      Greetings all,

      The summer fight site is in a park just northeast of FACT. To get
      there, head to Dupont and Ossington; it is a short block east of
      FACT.
      Walk or drive north under the railroad bridge. Take the first left
      onto Geary
      Ave.; the park is on the left beside the railroad tracks.
      Last Sunday afternoon there was ample street parking. Here is an
      ugly link; if it doesn't work for you, search for "ossington and
      geary, toronto" at maps.google.com.

      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Ossington+Ave+%
      26+Geary+Ave,+Toronto,+To\ronto,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=43.67142,-
      79.42957&sspn=0.012106,0.013626&ie=UTF8&z=1\6&om=1

      Cheers,
      -Pelayo
    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2007
        Sorry.. that should have read with Eoforwibc in the title

        Jocelyne

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>

        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2007
          That's it! You Eoforwiccian fencers are no longer allowed to drive. You
          must use the transporter till we can clear all the rest of the maniac
          drivers off the roads.

          Hope you're not in too much discomfort, Jocelyn.

          Take care all,

          Cainder

          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
          Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.
        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2007
            Jocelyne,

            I know that you admire and wish to emulate me in all things, but I honestly believe that getting yourself this thoroughly damaged in a car accident is really going one step too far.

            Get better soon you!

            in sympathetic back pain,
            Rusalka

            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2007
              > That's it! You Eoforwiccian fencers are no longer allowed to drive. You
              > must use the transporter till we can clear all the rest of the maniac
              > drivers off the roads.

              Hey! Hey! If you have a TRANSPORTER I want to use it too! Do I have to
              get in a car accident to qualify??

              Message 6 of 9 , May 11, 2007
                >From: "Kathleen Gormanshaw" <kgormanshaw@...>

                Well, it is still experimental... *grin*

                Gods! No more car accidents! My heart stops everytime I hear that!

                Cainder

                @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                Message 7 of 9 , May 11, 2007
                  Deal. We don't have any more car accidents, but you have to promise to share your teleporter with us.

                  Fair?

                  Rusalka

                  Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:

                  >From: "Kathleen Gormanshaw" <kgormanshaw@...>

                • Catherine of Eoforwic
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 11, 2007
                    Hey,

                    I'm an Eoforwickian fencer, but I don't drive - am I
                    missing out on "fun" stuff here?!

                    Transporter? Can I borrow it to get to work? How
                    many car accidents does that require? I've heard of
                    things costing "an arm and a leg" but do we have to be
                    so literal around here!

                    Will there actually be anybody to fence against if I
                    lug my gear on Sunday? Or do I stay home and contemplate
                    what to do with my apprentice "paycheque" (wool and linen
                    as per my indenture! And 10 "pence"!)?

                    Inquiring minds want to know!

                    In Service,

                    Catherine

                    From: "Kathleen Gormanshaw" <kgormanshaw@...>

                    That's it! You Eoforwiccian fencers are no longer allowed
                    to drive. You must use the transporter till we can clear
                    all the rest of the maniac drivers off the roads.

                    Hey! Hey! If you have a TRANSPORTER I want to use it too!
                    Do I have to get in a car accident to qualify??

                    Eyrny

                    Well, it is still experimental... *grin*

                    Gods! No more car accidents! My heart stops everytime I
                    hear that!

                    Cainder

                    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                    MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
                    Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
                    Justus, Fortis, Patiens - Per chevron argent and sable,
                    two sprigs of witch hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 13, 2007
                      Oi!

                      No luck for the fair... Glad to hear you're still up
                      and able...

                      Heartfelt concern from us Trino way,

                      Mateo

                      http://mail.yahoo.com