Female chest protector

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011
      Greetings from Gerrard:
      One of our newest fencers ordered an Econo Guard chest protector E 10B.
      While she is very petite this guard did not fit her properly.
      To return it costs as much as ordering a new one.

      So are there any very petite female fencers seeking plastic chest
      protection ( New ) for $40 ?? ( Her cost )
      Thanks .... just trying to keep abreast of the situation. Keeping
      things fully in hand. hmmm inside voice right ..??
    • Ross Weaver
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011
        I do not know of anyone that nees one. But I can share the tip the I
        collected years ago at Pennsic during a rapier armour discussion. A
        number of women felt that the typical chest protectors did not suit
        our game well. But a cheap heavily padded (the ones that are like 1/2
        inch thick of foam) work quite well as chest protection.

        ~Wilhelm

        --
        Sent from my mobile device
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011

          > So are there any very petite female fencers seeking plastic chest

          You could look for a local fencing club with teenagers too.

          Eyrny
        • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 19, 2011
            I'll take that bet! LOL

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
              Hello All,

              Last chance to confirm or announce intent to do prize fights at Winter War!

              I've no one listed and will be sending my add to the Tidings Monday.

              Again, if you desire to do a prize fight at Winter War you must let me know no later then Monday.

              Yours truly,
              YVonne Rogers

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 20, 2011
                Just wondering whom the Rapier Marshal in Charge of St. Valentines
                Massacre is ?
                All I know is that the " Hammers " were asked to assist.

                If no one wants it ,I'll take it.
                Except I shall need a separate Marshall for the Kill Yoshi tourney
                of which I get the first ten bouts !!
                I have a few fresh Ideas I wouldn't mind trying.
              • April Lognon
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                  Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
                  the show and I was a just in case.

                  Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
                  ideas, as you know.

                  Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
                  me know and we can set a time for me to call you?

                  Cheers
                  Robyn/April

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                    On the Hammer list, Giovanni stepped forward to be Marshal in Charge,
                    and it sounds like we'll have lots of back-up and help in case of poor
                    travelling conditions or other emergencies.

                    Eyrny

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 21, 2011
                      Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                      Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                      taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                      However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??

                      I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be
                      attending. ( camping )

                      At 07:24 AM 1/21/2011, you wrote:
                      >Actually I am the MIC for Fencing. I was told the 'Hammers' were running
                      >the show and I was a just in case.
                      >
                      >Whatever you want to do is fine by me. We can discuss a plan. I am open to
                      >ideas, as you know.
                      >
                      > Are you camping at the event? Would a phone conversation be easier? Let
                      >me know and we can set a time for me to call you?
                      >
                      >Cheers
                      >Robyn/April
                    • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 22, 2011
                        So..... at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P

                        I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying.... and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.

                        Yoshi

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                          Hi All,

                          Yes, I'll be running the tourney although since we have a whole
                          weekend, I'm sure we can run more than one.

                          The planned Tournament uses a format inspired by King/Champion (here
                          called King/Challenger) rules used in the Belgian fencing guilds at
                          least as early as 1600 AD. I'm stealing it from the tournaments run at
                          the Longpoint 2011 WMA event I was at last weekend. It is an
                          interesting variant on a bear pit.

                          Fighters will be assigned “lots” (position in line) based on something
                          I have yet to decide. It might be random, it might be related to
                          precedence or it might be for the top players in a preliminary round.
                          I've not decided.

                          The fighter with the #1 lot is the first “king.” The #2 fighter is
                          the first “challenger.” The winner of that bout remains/becomes the
                          King for the next bout. The loser goes to the end of the line and
                          loses one
                          venny. This process continues with the bout-final king always
                          remaining in the ring and the loser going to the end of the line. When
                          a fighter has expended all of his vennies he is eliminated from the
                          tournament.

                          So, what's a venny? It's basically a life. Each fighter starts with
                          two (2) vennies. Any fighter to remain King for four (4) consecutive
                          bouts or longer receives an additional venny. Up to two (2) additional
                          vennies total, per fighter, may be earned in this way. No fighter will
                          have more than four (4) vennies (do the math).

                          Winner of the Tournament. The winner of the final bout (between the
                          last remaining Challenger and the King) is the winner of the
                          tournament. The loser of the final bout is second place. The loser of
                          the second-to-last bout is third place. So you can see that it is very
                          adventageous to be in that last spot. If, for example, no one manages
                          to get an extra Venny, the person is the last spot is guaranteed
                          second place.

                          Traditionally, the initial order was based on some sort of ranking.
                          Given that we want people to be able to fence a lot, the order for
                          this will probably be determined by some initial round robin type
                          thing and perhaps your starting Vennys will be based on your abilities
                          as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                          fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                          fair.

                          --Giovanni

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 25, 2011
                            sounds like fun!

                            Jocelyn
                            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > as a fencer so Gerrard and Eyrny would only get 1 Venny and a bad
                            > fencer such as myself should probably have 3 or more to keep things
                            > fair.
                            >
                            > --Giovanni
                            >
                            > On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                            > <locusthellion@...> wrote:
                            > > So.....  at massacre it's going to be Hammer Time? :P
                            > >
                            > > I'll enjoy my usual amount of dying and slashing... mostly dying....  and probably drinking, but I'm just guessing here.
                            > >
                            > > Yoshi
                            > >
                            > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@> wrote:
                            > >>
                            > >> Dearest sweet young woman ...!
                            > >> Hmmm and double hmmm. It appears as though Eryny and Giovanii have
                            > >> taken the gauntlet so to speak ..
                            > >> However I am puzzled... If your the M.I.C then why did they need Hammers ..??
                            > >>
                            > >> I am camping . Several of us M&M's and associated type folks will be

                          • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                              I'd like to thank the fencers that made it out to Coeur de Glace this past weekend. I think that Bastille du Lac has a good thing going, and I highly recomend that all of you give serious thought to going next year. I've already offered to be the RMiC for next year. The format was great, fun was had by all. :)

                              Yoshi

                              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Biggs <davidabiggs@...> wrote:

                              > What can anyone tell me about this event? I can find nothing about it online.
                              > dab/aeron harper

                            • David Biggs
                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 1, 2011
                                Indeed! Good people and great fun! I'll be there next year.
                                dab/aeron