WANTED - Applicants for Deputy Society Marshal for Rapier

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2010
      Circulated as requested:

      To all students of the arts of defense in the SCA:
      I have been honored to serve as the deputy society marshal for rapier for almost three years now and it is time that I begin to train a successor. In fact, I have been meaning to do this for some time, but something always seems to get in the way and I never get the note posted.

      So, I am asking all interested parties to submit a letter of interest along with a resume of applicable experience to rapier@... by 1 February, 2011. I will review the applications and make recommendations to the Society Earl Marshal. The goal is to choose three people who will work closely with me for the next several months with one of those three being chosen by myself and the Earl Marshal to succeed me in this office when they are ready to take over. Projects that will be covered will include updating the society rules, overseeing experimental programs, and completion of the quarterly report.

      This position is largely administrative, so applicants should let me know about their experience with rules writing, interpretation, and team building. These will be more important than any experience you have had marshalling on the field. Those who have been principality or kingdom level marshals will clearly have an advantage in terms of experience, but others will be considered. You must be a paid member of the SCA to hold this position and you must not let your membership lapse during your term of office, so this is something to keep in mind before sending your application.

      I hope that I have served the society and the community well during my tenure and I wish to thank all of the marshals who have supported me and made my job easier during that time.

      Humbly – and looking forward to a leaner in-box….
      I remain,
      Sir Thomas Logan, Society Rapier Marshal
      Vsct, OP, OWWS, Etc.