Fwd: [ThorbjornsHammer] Reminder this MONDAY! - Christmas Fight Practice in Rising Waters Monday 20 December

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2010
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Andrew Lowry <alowry2002@...>
      Date: Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM
      Subject: [ThorbjornsHammer] Reminder this MONDAY! - Christmas Fight Practice
      in Rising Waters Monday 20 December
      To: Septentria <Septentria@yahoogroups.com>, ThorbjornsHammer
      ThorbjornsHammer <ThorbjornsHammer@yahoogroups.com>, Unbelts Unbelts <
      Ealdormere_Unbelts@yahoogroups.com>, Barony of Rising Waters <
      barony_of_risingwaters@...>

      Greetings,

      For the third year in a row the Barony of Rising Waters is hosting a special
      Christmas Fight Practice at the Lake Street Armouries in St. Catharines ON.
      (Directions from the QEW just pass Hamilton here *http://tinyurl.com/2dw8dlz
      ** )*

      The practice is from 6:30 to 9:30 pm on Monday 20 December and it is open to
      fighters and fencers. Since we have a huge space we hope to have some melee
      practice so bring out your melee weapons. Note rapier is dependent upon a
      marshal (we are working on this).

      Last year we had approximately 20 fighters attend so we are looking forward
      to seeing many friends again.

      If you want to see a picture of the attendees from last year please take a
      look at this picture on Flickr

      http://flic.kr/p/91CQzy

      There are more pictures on there showing how much space we have to work
      with.

      Please see further details below and let our host Lord Dmitri know if you
      are planning on attending.

      We look forward to seeing as many as possible there. Feel free to cross
      post this to other lists.

      Yours In Service,

      Richard and Annabelle
      Baron and Baroness of Rising Waters

      Once again we are looking to host a fight practice at Lake St Armouries in
      St Catharines. The armouries is at the corner of Lake St and Welland Ave in
      St Catharines. To get there from outside of the city follow the QEW towards
      St Catharines get off the highway at the Lake St exit and head South. The
      armouries is on the right hand side. We are looking at doing this on the
      evening of 20 December 2010. I should have the building open at 6:30pm. This
      is open for fighters and fencers (depending on availability of a marshal)
      and those who just want to say hi.If you are looking at coming please email
      me at drozokov@... <drozokov%40hotmail.com> so that I know
      approximate numbers.

    • Brandi Fraser
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2010
        Greetings,

        Just to clarify, there will be a rapier marshal present. I will be there
        tomorrow evening with my kit.

        Hope to see folks out,
        Findabhair

        On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...