Re: [E_Rapier] Tournaments of Virtue update

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
      A suggestion regarding ... " Franchise " which as far as I can
      determine ( In reference to Virtues ) : Is defined as:
      freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.

      Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
      wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
      manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
      binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
      freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

      Other thoughts ...??

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
        Congratulations to Cristabell!

        And to Don Aeron Harper and Raphael :-)

        Eyrny

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
          > A suggestion regarding ... "  Franchise " which as far as I can
          > determine ( In reference to Virtues  ) : Is defined as:
          > freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.
          >
          > Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
          > wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
          > manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
          > binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
          > freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

          I've always been fond of this definition:
          http://county-kildare.org/virtues/franchise.html

          TL/DR version, it's the sincere expression of all of the other virtues.

          This is another good listing: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/code.htm

          --Giovanni.
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
            Ohhh I like those definitions !! Plus wassail to Lady Christabell. Nicely done!