Re: Tournaments of Virtue update

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
      Thank you for the correction THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

      Wassail THL Cristabell Wensleydale, the winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote.

      Jocelyn

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
        A suggestion regarding ... " Franchise " which as far as I can
        determine ( In reference to Virtues ) : Is defined as:
        freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.

        Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
        wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
        manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
        binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
        freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

        Other thoughts ...??

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
          Congratulations to Cristabell!

          And to Don Aeron Harper and Raphael :-)

          Eyrny

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
            On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
            > A suggestion regarding ... "  Franchise " which as far as I can
            > determine ( In reference to Virtues  ) : Is defined as:
            > freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.
            >
            > Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
            > wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
            > manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
            > binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
            > freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

            I've always been fond of this definition:
            http://county-kildare.org/virtues/franchise.html

            TL/DR version, it's the sincere expression of all of the other virtues.

            This is another good listing: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/code.htm

            --Giovanni.
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
              Ohhh I like those definitions !! Plus wassail to Lady Christabell. Nicely done!