Re: [E_Rapier] Tournaments of Virtue update

  • Ross Weaver
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
      Actually Don Aaron Harper did not win the tournament of Courtesy. He won
      the round-robin tournament, and the newbie tournament was won by my and
      Lar's student Raphael (who authorized that day).

      The winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote, was THL Cristabell
      Wensleydale.

      THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

      On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

      > Hi All!
      >
      > So the populace had its second taste of these tournamants where the
      > combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best
      > exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Feast of the Hare was
      > Courtesy.
      >
      > The vote favored Don Aaron Harper. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well
      > Played!
      > Well Earned!
      >
      > The virtues are scheduled as follows:
      >
      > November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
      > December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
      > January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
      > February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
      > February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
      > March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage
      >
      > Yours in Service,
      > Jocelyn

    • David Gotlieb
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
        Oops, sorry. That's my fault. Gave Jocelyn the results of the wrong tournament.

        I should know better since I was just looking at the pictures. Must have been
        the beating I took at the event.

        Dafydd

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
          Thank you for the correction THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

          Wassail THL Cristabell Wensleydale, the winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote.

          Jocelyn

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
            A suggestion regarding ... " Franchise " which as far as I can
            determine ( In reference to Virtues ) : Is defined as:
            freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.

            Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
            wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
            manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
            binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
            freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

            Other thoughts ...??

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
              Congratulations to Cristabell!

              And to Don Aeron Harper and Raphael :-)

              Eyrny

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
                > A suggestion regarding ... "  Franchise " which as far as I can
                > determine ( In reference to Virtues  ) : Is defined as:
                > freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.
                >
                > Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
                > wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
                > manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
                > binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
                > freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

                I've always been fond of this definition:
                http://county-kildare.org/virtues/franchise.html

                TL/DR version, it's the sincere expression of all of the other virtues.

                This is another good listing: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/code.htm

                --Giovanni.
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                  Ohhh I like those definitions !! Plus wassail to Lady Christabell. Nicely done!