Re: [E_Rapier] Tournaments of Virtue update

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2010
      It's very generous of TRM to have 2 competitions for Generosity.

      Eyrny

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
        Hi All!

        So the populace had its second taste of these tournamants where the combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Feast of the Hare was Courtesy.

        The vote favored Don Aaron Harper. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well Played!
        Well Earned!

        The virtues are scheduled as follows:

        November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
        December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
        January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
        February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
        February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
        March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage

        Yours in Service,
        Jocelyn
      • Ross Weaver
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
          Actually Don Aaron Harper did not win the tournament of Courtesy. He won
          the round-robin tournament, and the newbie tournament was won by my and
          Lar's student Raphael (who authorized that day).

          The winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote, was THL Cristabell
          Wensleydale.

          THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

          On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

          > Hi All!
          >
          > So the populace had its second taste of these tournamants where the
          > combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best
          > exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Feast of the Hare was
          > Courtesy.
          >
          > The vote favored Don Aaron Harper. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well
          > Played!
          > Well Earned!
          >
          > The virtues are scheduled as follows:
          >
          > November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
          > December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
          > January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
          > February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
          > February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
          > March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage
          >
          > Yours in Service,
          > Jocelyn

        • David Gotlieb
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
            Oops, sorry. That's my fault. Gave Jocelyn the results of the wrong tournament.

            I should know better since I was just looking at the pictures. Must have been
            the beating I took at the event.

            Dafydd

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
              Thank you for the correction THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

              Wassail THL Cristabell Wensleydale, the winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote.

              Jocelyn

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                A suggestion regarding ... " Franchise " which as far as I can
                determine ( In reference to Virtues ) : Is defined as:
                freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.

                Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
                wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
                manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
                binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
                freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

                Other thoughts ...??

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                  Congratulations to Cristabell!

                  And to Don Aeron Harper and Raphael :-)

                  Eyrny

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                    On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
                    > A suggestion regarding ... "  Franchise " which as far as I can
                    > determine ( In reference to Virtues  ) : Is defined as:
                    > freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.
                    >
                    > Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
                    > wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
                    > manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
                    > binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
                    > freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

                    I've always been fond of this definition:
                    http://county-kildare.org/virtues/franchise.html

                    TL/DR version, it's the sincere expression of all of the other virtues.

                    This is another good listing: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/code.htm

                    --Giovanni.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                      Ohhh I like those definitions !! Plus wassail to Lady Christabell. Nicely done!