Tournaments of Virtue update

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2010
      Hi All!

      So the populace had its first taste of these tournamants where the combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Crown Tourney was Prowess.

      The vote favored Baron Hoskuld. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well Played! Well Earned!

      The virtues are scheduled as follows:

      November 6th, 2010, Feast of the Hare, Courtesy
      November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
      December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
      January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
      February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
      February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
      March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage

      Yours in Service,
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 25, 2010
        It's very generous of TRM to have 2 competitions for Generosity.

        Eyrny

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
          Hi All!

          So the populace had its second taste of these tournamants where the combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Feast of the Hare was Courtesy.

          The vote favored Don Aaron Harper. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well Played!
          Well Earned!

          The virtues are scheduled as follows:

          November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
          December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
          January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
          February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
          February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
          March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage

          Yours in Service,
          Jocelyn
        • Ross Weaver
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
            Actually Don Aaron Harper did not win the tournament of Courtesy. He won
            the round-robin tournament, and the newbie tournament was won by my and
            Lar's student Raphael (who authorized that day).

            The winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote, was THL Cristabell
            Wensleydale.

            THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

            On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

            > Hi All!
            >
            > So the populace had its second taste of these tournamants where the
            > combantants and populace get to vote on the rapier combantant that best
            > exhibits the chosen virtue of the day. The virtue at Feast of the Hare was
            > Courtesy.
            >
            > The vote favored Don Aaron Harper. Congratulations your Excelleny! Well
            > Played!
            > Well Earned!
            >
            > The virtues are scheduled as follows:
            >
            > November 13th, 2010, Kingdom A&S, Honesty
            > December 4th, 2010,Wassail, Generosity
            > January 8th, 2011, Septentrian 12th Night, Generosity
            > February 11th, 2011, Saint Valentines Day Massacre II, Franchise
            > February 2011, Feast of the Bear, Loyalty
            > March 5th, 2011, Winter War, Courage
            >
            > Yours in Service,
            > Jocelyn

          • David Gotlieb
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
              Oops, sorry. That's my fault. Gave Jocelyn the results of the wrong tournament.

              I should know better since I was just looking at the pictures. Must have been
              the beating I took at the event.

              Dafydd

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2010
                Thank you for the correction THL Wilhelm von Pottruff

                Wassail THL Cristabell Wensleydale, the winner of the virtue Courtesy, by popular vote.

                Jocelyn

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                  A suggestion regarding ... " Franchise " which as far as I can
                  determine ( In reference to Virtues ) : Is defined as:
                  freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.

                  Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
                  wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
                  manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
                  binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
                  freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

                  Other thoughts ...??

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                    Congratulations to Cristabell!

                    And to Don Aeron Harper and Raphael :-)

                    Eyrny

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                      On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
                      > A suggestion regarding ... "  Franchise " which as far as I can
                      > determine ( In reference to Virtues  ) : Is defined as:
                      > freedom, esp. from imprisonment, servitude, or moral restraint.
                      >
                      > Hmmmm if this is the correct definition then ..perhaps we might all
                      > wish to consider those that have influenced us even in some small
                      > manner thus giving us a more richer life. Taught us that sneaky
                      > binding attack or continually gave us words of encouragement . Thus
                      > freeing us in a manner of speaking. ( In short enriching our lives )

                      I've always been fond of this definition:
                      http://county-kildare.org/virtues/franchise.html

                      TL/DR version, it's the sincere expression of all of the other virtues.

                      This is another good listing: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/code.htm

                      --Giovanni.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 8, 2010
                        Ohhh I like those definitions !! Plus wassail to Lady Christabell. Nicely done!