Re: [E_Rapier] Groin protection rules

  • Nicholas J. Corkigian
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 26, 2010
      Huh. I'm a little surprised by this. It sounds like it was a conscious
      effort to not include that area in the original SCA rules rather than a
      simple oversight. I would've thought that area of the legs is a much more
      likely target than say the back of the head.

      -Nikolai

      I was there, it was NOT the intent to cover parts of the legs with
      > puncture resistant material. That was a combination of less
      > likelihood of hitting that area with a thrust from a broken blade, and
      > compromising on what kingdoms would accept. The arms are a far more
      > likely to be hit spot, and increasing armour requirements in that area
      > was a big deal in many areas.

    • Steve Bulger
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 26, 2010
        Nicholas J. Corkigian wrote:
        > Huh. I'm a little surprised by this. It sounds like it was a conscious
        > effort to not include that area in the original SCA rules rather than a
        > simple oversight. I would've thought that area of the legs is a much more
        > likely target than say the back of the head.
        >
        > -Nikolai

        Agreed, but OTOH the back of the head is somewhat more vulnerable to
        anything that does get to it, with potentially worse consequences in the
        most extreme cases.

        Gerhard

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5400 (20100826) __________

        http://www.eset.com