Provost Prize Thanks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2010

      After this weekend's Provost Prize fight, I realize I have more to be
      thankful for than I ever thought possible. First I would like to thank all
      those who helped in the Prizes. Thank you to Lady Jocelyn for taking on the
      role of Preceptor of the EAOD, reinvigorating it, running the Prizes so
      smoothly and providing me with the lovely scarf. Thank you to Lord Yoshi and
      THL Gerrard, who played Mad Dog Marshals, standing out in the noon day sun.
      Thank you to Lord DJ and Lady Dubessa who kept me well armed during my
      Prize. Thank you to Lord Gunthar who heralded me in the procession around
      the camp and at one point managed to render Baron Brand speechless, a truly
      epic feat. Thank you to Baron Hoskuld, Baroness Eyrny, Baron Giovanni, THL
      Wilhelm and THL Gareth for being my opponents in the first part of my Prize.
      Having such a talented group of gentles arrayed against me is possibly one
      of the most frightening yet exhilarating experiences I think I have ever
      known. Thank you to all the fencers who played with me during my fifteen
      minutes, it seemed like an eternity but it was a really fun eternity. Thank
      you to all those who gave me such kind words before, during and after my
      Prize, they were deeply appreciated. Finally, I would like to thank my Lady
      Wife, THL Asa Gormsdottir, who took such good care of me after the exertions
      of the Prize fight, giving me a wondrous foot bath and feeding me a truly
      marvellous steak dinner.

      I only hope I am worthy of such friendship and kindness. If I have forgotten
      anybody in my thanks I offer you my most humble apologies, I was a little
      bit fried after the Prize and not all together there.

      Yours in Service

      Albrecht, Provost and Proctor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence