Fencing at War of the Trilliums

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      As your MIC for fencing at war of the Trilliums, I'd like to just give
      everyone a heads up about what is going to be happening.

      There are 4 tournaments planned as well as the Playing of the prize of
      THLs Wilhelm and Albrect.

      My preference for the Prize would be to hold it Friday morning (but I
      need some input from the Praeceptor, the Prizors and the other
      Provost to make sure that this is possible).

      Friday afternoon will be the Individual tourney for the Pent and
      Decathalon. This will be a single elimination tourney, fought best 2
      out of three.

      Friday night will be the Torchlight Tourney.

      Saturday Morning will be the Galbraith cup. (This will be switched
      with the prizes if Friday morning is an issue). I think this is
      usually fought as a double elimination. I'll use whatever the
      traditional format is.

      Saturday Afternoon will be the Populace Tourney. This will be a round
      robin, but if we have a great many entrants, we'll break up the
      initial group into pools and then have a single elimination
      competition between the top fencers.

      --Giovanni, Baron of Skraeling Althing.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
        On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:17 AM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
        > There are 4 tournaments planned as well as the Playing of the prize of
        > THLs Wilhelm and Albrect.

        Yay!

        > My preference for the Prize would be to hold it  Friday morning (but I
        > need some input from the Praeceptor,  the Prizors and the other
        > Provost to make sure that this is possible).

        Boo! Hoskuld has to work Friday, we can't make it until about dinner
        time on Friday. I vote for prizes on Saturday!

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
          I've booked the friday off just so I can be there to make sure there
          is lots of fencing for you lot. I know that not everyone can be there
          on the friday which is why i wanted to make sure to make the proposed
          schedule was broadcast with pleanty of time to make sure of
          availability.

          i'd like to start morning events before 11 and afternoon events before
          3. Weather permitting.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
            Greetings!

            I should be ok for Friday morning as we are arriving on Thursday. That being
            said, I would find Baron Hoskuld an excellent "counts as" for the Provost
            Prizes, a role that he served in last round, and I would be ok with Prizes

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
              OK. it looks like we are leaning towards Saturday for the prize, but I
              would like to hear from THL Wilhelm first.

              Wilhelm?

              --j

              On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Eve Harris & David Stamper
              <evedave1@...> wrote:
              > Greetings!
              >

              > I should be ok for Friday morning as we are arriving on Thursday. That being
              > said, I would find Baron Hoskuld an excellent "counts as" for the Provost
              > Prizes, a role that he served in last round, and I would be ok with Prizes
              > on Saturday.
              >

              > Albrecht
              >

              >  _____

            • Ross Weaver
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
                I'm not likely to be there on Friday morning, or in good shape to
                fence if I am (my leg will need recovery time after being in the car).

                ~Wilhelm

                On 6/9/10, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
                > OK. it looks like we are leaning towards Saturday for the prize, but I
                > would like to hear from THL Wilhelm first.
                >
                > Wilhelm?
                >
                > --j
                >
                > On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Eve Harris & David Stamper
                > <evedave1@...> wrote:
                >> Greetings!
                >>

                >> I should be ok for Friday morning as we are arriving on Thursday. That
                >> being
                >> said, I would find Baron Hoskuld an excellent "counts as" for the Provost
                >> Prizes, a role that he served in last round, and I would be ok with Prizes
                >> on Saturday.
                >>

                >> Albrecht
                >>

                >>  _____

                Sent from my mobile device
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
                  OK.
                  Given that, I'm swaping the cup and the prize. I'll be forwarding the
                  schedule to the autocrat.
                  Thanks for your input everyone.

                  --g

                  On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Ross Weaver <ross.weaver@...> wrote:
                  > I'm not likely to be there on Friday morning, or in good shape to
                  > fence if I am (my leg will need recovery time after being in the car).
                  >
                  > ~Wilhelm
                  >
                  > On 6/9/10, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
                  >> OK. it looks like we are leaning towards Saturday for the prize, but I
                  >> would like to hear from THL Wilhelm first.
                  >>
                  >> Wilhelm?
                  >>
                  >> --j
                  >>
                  >> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Eve Harris & David Stamper
                  >> <evedave1@...> wrote:
                  >>> Greetings!
                  >>>

                  >>> I should be ok for Friday morning as we are arriving on Thursday. That
                  >>> being
                  >>> said, I would find Baron Hoskuld an excellent "counts as" for the Provost
                  >>> Prizes, a role that he served in last round, and I would be ok with Prizes
                  >>> on Saturday.
                  >>>

                  >>> Albrecht
                  >>>

                  >>>  _____

                • Griffin de Stokeport
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 9, 2010
                    I'm fine with whatever the majority goes with. I'm there from Thursday
                    onwards and I plan to give at least one full day to the fencing list,
                    and maybe more depending how well I do on the archery range.

                    Griffin

                    John Enzinas wrote:

                    > Hi Everyone,
                    >
                    > As your MIC for fencing at war of the Trilliums, I'd like to just give
                    > everyone a heads up about what is going to be happening.
                    >
                    > There are 4 tournaments planned as well as the Playing of the prize of
                    > THLs Wilhelm and Albrect.
                    >
                    > My preference for the Prize would be to hold it Friday morning (but I
                    > need some input from the Praeceptor, the Prizors and the other
                    > Provost to make sure that this is possible).
                    >
                    > Friday afternoon will be the Individual tourney for the Pent and
                    > Decathalon. This will be a single elimination tourney, fought best 2
                    > out of three.
                    >
                    > Friday night will be the Torchlight Tourney.
                    >
                    > Saturday Morning will be the Galbraith cup. (This will be switched
                    > with the prizes if Friday morning is an issue). I think this is
                    > usually fought as a double elimination. I'll use whatever the
                    > traditional format is.
                    >
                    > Saturday Afternoon will be the Populace Tourney. This will be a round
                    > robin, but if we have a great many entrants, we'll break up the
                    > initial group into pools and then have a single elimination
                    > competition between the top fencers.
                    >
                    > --Giovanni, Baron of Skraeling Althing.

                  • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 11, 2010
                      While I hope to be at WofT, because we're so busy at work right now, I'm not sure what days I'll be able to attend, if any at all. I certainly hope to be there, as I had a lot of fun last year. :)

                      Yoshi

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 25, 2010
                        I'm now happy to report that, as long as things do not change, I will be at Trillium War, most likely arriving early evening on Thursday. Your Excellency Giovanni, I believe you wanted to speak to me reguarding Trillium war if I was going. Please email me off list if this is still the case.

                        In Service,

                        Kurushima Yoshiatsu