Rapier at Coronation

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2007
      Greetings!

      For those who were wondering, there will indeed be rapier at Coronation this
      year. First, here is a link to the web site for Spring Coronation:

      http://www.brokenrobot.net/spring/

      The site opens at 10 am and I am hoping to start inspections as early as
      possible, by 10:30 if possible, with the tourney starting at 11 am. The
      nature of the tourney should allow people to come in later if need be
      though. If the weather is poor we will have space inside to fence, but it
      will be limited. If the weather is good, and I suspect it will be, we have
      space outside thanks to the efforts of Their Excellencies Ramshaven. The
      main tournament I'm planning to do is called A Week in the Life of a Fencer,
      and will deal with the potential challenges someone skilled in the Arte of
      Defence may face over the course of a week. The kind of bout you fight and
      the weapons you use will be determined by The Hand of Fate, or in this case,
      the roll of a dice.

      If we are able to play outside, Her Excellency Ramshaven has requested that
      we do some work on melees after the main tourney. If we have the numbers we
      could do a warlord tourney or break up into teams and have a round robin
      melee tourney. If someone has ideas for melee activities please let me know
      and I'll see what we can do.

      I'm not sure what the court schedule is for the day but I'm hoping we'll
      have lots of opportunity to fence. I look forward to seeing as many of you
      there as possible.

      Yours in Service

      Albrecht, RMIC for Spring Coronation and Rapier Champion of the Barony of
      Ramshaven