Re: Letter about gorgets...

  • Ross Weaver
    Message 1 of 51 , May 11 8:01 AM
      On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Ross Weaver <ross.weaver@...> wrote:
      > do people think of the letter, any feed back from other marshals?  Is
      > anyone else with me on not stopping a proposed rule change?  If so let
      > me know, I can add you to the list of concerned marshals, OR send your
      > letter (which will have more impact).
      Oops, I meant to say concerned combatants, not concerned marshals.
      ANY participant is welcome to comment on rule changes.

      ~Wilhelm
      Message 51 of 51 , May 12 12:42 PM
        On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM, M <menzinas@...> wrote:
        >> > I can't go around strangling members of my Barony! For any reason. Even educational ones.
        >> You don't have to strangle him to death, just a little demonstration.
        >
        > That is the 'Society for Consenting Adults' not 'Society for Creative Anacronism' don't get them confused.

        hmm... oh yeah, both cards are blue!

        > How about a mythbuster's approch? Put the gorget(s) on a dummy and wack the dummy with a sword?

        While lots of dummys are available, finding a way to simulate the neck
        underneath is harder.

        > ps wanna wrestle?

        Sure :-) Though my impression is that you're learning to fight,
        unlike judo which is very much a sport.