Fencing Schedule for Pikeman's Pleasure

  • Griffin de Stokeport
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 5:44 PM
      I send greetings to all fencers of Ealdormere and their kin,

      The day of Pikeman's Pleasure XX is fast approaching. Much full is
      planned for the day with the fencing lists. I hope to see many of you
      there for the day. :)

      http://www.wraithstudios.ca/pikemans2010.html

      The following is the planned itinerary for the day:
      Fencing Battles & Tournaments
      Marshal in Charge - Lord William of Otterton
      griffin 'at' wraithstudios.ca

      Wonderous prizes will abound for the day! Much fun will be had!

      10:00am-10:45am – Inspections and Authorizations (Marshals Permitting)
      10:45am-11:45am – Bridge Battles / Singles & Doubles
      12:00pm-1:30pm – Reverse Bear Pit
      1:45pm-4:00pm – Steal the Golden Cup (or Bar Room Brawl...)

      For the Reverse Bear Pit, two combatants with fight with the loser
      staying in but the winner should give some advice as to how the defeated
      combatant could improve their style with a useful tip! There is a limit
      of a maximum of three losses in a row at which time both combatants will
      retire from the Pit.

      Golden Cup Tournament

      A spectactular cup of gold has been left unattended! Can you snatch it
      away and safely exit the field without any one else stopping you? Or
      will you fight your way to victory and escape with the cup as your prize?

      A simple gold cup (ie: wood painted gold, we're not that rich!) will sit
      at one end of the field on top of a chest. Every combatant will start
      together at the far end of the field. The marshal will call a start and
      any fencer can walk (no running) about the field. The marshal will call
      an Allez! after 5 to 10 seconds, and then any fencer can take the cup or
      engage any opponent on the field (standard open field melee rules of
      engagement apply). The fencer that exits the field with the cup in their
      possesion will score points towards glorious prizes! No running
      permitted, walking only.

      Scoring for all battles and tournaments

      All scoring is individual, no teams.

      Each battle fought will earn one point for the combatant (Bridge, Bear
      Pit & Golden Cup)
      Each victory for the Bridge Battle and Bear Pit will win the victorious
      combatant(s) two points additional.
      Each time exiting the field in possession of the Golden cup will score
      five points additional.

      Prizes will be awarded at Court for the top three point totals for the
      day. All prizes will be on display prior to the start of the tournaments
      (and probably on the A&S Display Table... yes, they're pretty neat and
      all non-fencing related since you probably have lots of fencing stuff
      already!)
    • Griffin de Stokeport
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31 9:01 PM
        At the risk of repeating myself... a reminder of our Canton's event this
        weekend.. and Fencing!

        *Pikeman's Pleasure XX
        *Located at the North Monaghan Community Centre, 4 Needlers Lane,
        Millbrook, Ontario L0A 1G0
        Saturday June 5, 2010
        Gates open at 10:00am until 11:00pm

        The event will happen rain or shine. We have full use of the indoor
        hockey rink surface that provides more than enough room for our use...
        which, thinking back, was the field that I actually authorized upon a
        few years ago. The prizes are done too... all made by me and, in my own
        humble opinion, turned out very well.

        My thanks for your kind consideration of our event.

        Griffin