Fencing at Pikeman's

  • Griffin de Stokeport
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 3:27 PM
      Greetings all,

      I plan on running fencing at Pikeman's Pleasure this year. The event
      will be on Saturday June 5 in Millbrook, Ontario (close to, but not
      quite, in Peterborough) from 10:00am to sometime in the evening. The
      event happens rain or shine as we have the full use of the grounds of
      the community centre and the use of an indoor hockey rink if there is
      inclement weather

      We had an excellent attendance last year and I'd like to help encourage
      the Art of Defence to grow up in these here parts. :) I haven't fully
      decided on a tourney format yet, but am looking to any suggestions that
      may want to be brought forward. I have negotiated the use of the foot
      bridge for our use until 11:30am or so (until the armoured combat folks
      want to use the bridge and island for the majority of their events) and
      we great fun in past years fighting on it. With sufficient marshals, we
      can run authorizations as well so if you have any younglings that you'd
      think are ready by then, bring them up!

      Please let me know off-list if you are planning on coming so I can plan
      for numbers. I am hoping to have a fun selection of useful prizes - all
      non-fencing related! - that I will be personally involved in the making
      of. More details to follow closer to the event. (See, I'm not above
      bribery to get people to show up!)

      My thanks to everyone,
      Lord Willam of Otterton (formerly Lord Griffin de Stokeport - just to
      confuse people...)

      :)