Re: [E_Rapier] News from Wilhelm

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8 9:33 AM
      If you're looking for more ideas for the shotgun approach, and if you haven't' thought of it yet - acupuncture worked for Cainder's tensis elbow and others I've talked to have found it helps with rehabilitation of muscles.

      However, you know your own body of course - we're just offering ideas because we care and hope our friend gets better.

      Mateo

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8 10:01 AM
        My sympathies.
        Few things are more frustrating than willing spirit meeting with weak flesh.
        I hope the shotgun catches something and you are soon on the road to recovery.

        Giovanni

        On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Ross Weaver <ross.weaver@...> wrote:
        > I've been thinking of writing this letter for a bit but it is hard.
        >
        > Most of you don't know, but I have been injured.  It limits my ability
        > to travel and fence.
        >
        > I have been encountering problems with Sciatic nerve since January,
        > and I was unable to fence.  It was looking healed by the end of
        > February, and I was starting to fence again.  At the start of March a
        > virus attacked the sciatic nerve in my right leg.  The virus is gone,
        > but there may be permanent damage.
        >
        > My right foot is numb, the degree and size of numbness changes (which
        > the professionals tell me is a good sign).  The muscles in my right
        > leg are not responding properly.  I've lost a lot of muscle mass and
        > movement in my legs (right one in particular)...
        >
        > The medical professionals are hoping the nerve will heal itself and
        > the problem will just go away.  They really don't know what is wrong
        > other than the nerve is not working properly.  I have an MRI scheduled
        > for this summer, and boy do I hope it heals before that...
        >
        > I am fencing now, but I'm not up to normal abilities.  I traveled from
        > Ottawa to Hamilton last weekend and set my recovery back weeks due to
        > too long in the car, etc. and made me realize that recovery is not
        > guaranteed this time.  So I'm not able to fence as well as I used to,
        > and my travel is limited.  My balance is off and sometimes I have
        > problems walking right now, on a good day most people wont notice it,
        > on a bad day I limp, wobble and have to lay down to rest a lot.
        >
        > I'm hoping I can make a decent showing at Coronation on the 24th, as I
        > should be able to travel to Kingston.  And cross my fingers my leg
        > will be stable enough to allow me to fence some.
        >
        > I don't know if I will ever be good enough to play a prize fight in
        > the EAoD again.  I have the small hope I will be able to fight my
        > provost prize at War to the Trilliums, but I'm pretty sure I would not
        > be able to complete the prize before my leg gave out.
        >
        > ~Wilhelm von Pottruff

      • L. Tremblay
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8 12:36 PM
          Yes, there will be fencing at Coronation. As soon as I get more details
          as to what our space will be like and how much time we'll have, I will
          give you all more details on what the day's format will be.

          Stay tuned,
          Lars

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5011 (20100408) __________

          http://www.eset.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8 1:05 PM
            Cool! I may actually be there.

            Yes, there will be fencing at Coronation. As soon as I get more details
            as to what our space will be like and how much time we'll have, I will
            give you all more details on what the day's format will be.

            Stay tuned,
            Lars

            database 5011 (20100408) __________

            http://www.eset <http://www.eset.com> com

          • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10 4:52 AM
              Excellent! I will be in attendance, I'll make sure I have my gear. :)

              Yoshi