Murder Melee: Boar Wars II

  • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 8:33 AM
      As I had precious few days to prepare my first event as a marshal at this event last year, I'm planning well ahead this time. So, before it goes to the web page or schedule, here is a TENTATIVE rapier schedule for Murder Melee: Boar Wars II

      Friday, June 18th: The list will be open in the afternoon for sparring and authorizations, as long as there is a marshal present. I will be available to watch the list during the afternoon up until
      approx. 6:00pm.

      Saturday, June 19th: 10:00am - List is open for sparring, inspections, and authorizations. I would also suggest that any EAoD prize fights be fought during the morning as well, perhaps running concurrent with the newbie tournament. Could Lady Jocelyn contact me as soon as possible regarding any planned prize fights please? Also, I could be a little grumpy on this particular morning, depending on how long the Ben Dunfirth party runs so please bare with me. lol

      11:30am - Newbie tournament! If you've had your primary authorization less than 2 years, you are welcome to participate. The tournament will be double elimination, single sword only.

      1:00pm - Off to the woods! Melee, Melee, Melee! (It is called Murder Melee after all.) Capture the flag and defend it at all costs during 10 minute, unlimited resurection battles! The tournament will be a 4 team, round robin style. Team sizes will of course be based on number of participants. The more, the better! There is a small prize for the winning team. For those of us heading to Pennsic, this would be a good time to practice tactics and strategies that could be useful during the great woods battle. Once the tournament has ended, the lists can once again be opened for sparring and any authorizations.

      At this point, I am not planning on opening the list on Sunday, but I'm sure we can arrange an authorization or two for anyone interested.

      Everything is going to start as scheduled, once times have been confirmed. I will be running a tight ship this year, so do not be late, and preferably, get there early! Besides, you can get more practice in that way. :)

      I hope we have a phenomenal turnout this year, and I look forward to seeing you all there!

      Yours in Service,

      Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)