College Royal Demo Thank Yous

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2010

      I would like to offer my most profuse thanks to those who helped out at the
      University of Guelph Medieval and Renaissance Society/Canton of Der
      Welfengau demos at College Royal at the University of Guelph.

      I would like to thank His Excellency Count Sir Edward the Red, for his
      boundless energy in both the armoured combat and fencing demos and for the
      lending of the list posts.

      I would like to thank Their Excellencies Ramshaven, Baron Kolbjorn and
      Baroness Wencendel and their son Alexander for their noble presence and
      brining a bit of pomp and circumstance (as well as cuteness) to the demo.
      His Excellency also was of great help in the fighting portions of the day
      and Her Excellency provided music on her recorder.

      I would like to thank Lord Draco for his fighting prowess and his deep
      reserves of energy which kept many a child amused.

      I would like to thank Lord Yoshi, whose presence on Sunday made things much
      easier and was also a joy to play with. It was great having someone else to
      switch off with for the fencing demos so Lord Isaac and I could have a
      break.

      I would like to thank Lord Isaac Spinoza, who did an excellent job of
      coordinating with the College Royal staff which allowed the demos to go off
      without a hitch. His perseverance with the CR bureaucracy made sure that we
      had enough space to play in. He also provided yeoman service on the rapier
      list for both Saturday and Sunday.

      I would like to thank THL Asa Gormsdottir, who fielded questions, provided
      answers, updated the hand out and got it copied, made the displays look
      pretty and generally made sure things were on an even keel.

      I would like to thank Lady Devin, our seneschal, for her support on Sunday,
      where she showed off her excellent sewing skills.

      Finally, I would like to thank the student members of UGMRS, who took time
      from their busy studies to help out. Thank you Bailey, Heidi, Eric, Harrison
      and Martina. You are the new face of the Canton of Der Welfengau and your
      service is greatly appreciated.

      Yours in Service