Big Fencing Practice in Der Welfengau

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2010

      I just wanted to send out a reminder to people that we are having a large
      scale fencing practice in Der Welfengau on Sunday, April 11th. We have
      booked Peter Clark Hall (PCH) for that day from 10 am until 5pm. PCH is a
      large hall located on the lower level of the University Centre (UC) of the
      University of Guelph. Here is a link to a map of the Campus:

      http://www.uoguelph.ca/campus/map/

      My understanding is that parking is free on weekends and there is a lot
      close to the UC.

      In addition to practice and bouting, if anyone would like to teach a class
      on something rapier related, they are more than welcome to do so. Please
      contact me if you wish to teach so I can set up some sort of schedule. I'd
      be happy to teach my intro to the Bolognese School for those who are
      interested in Cut & Thrust. I am also willing to run the Marshal's Course
      for those who are interested.

      We should have more than enough space for armoured combatants as long as
      they can provide their own marshal so you may want to pass this message
      along to them.

      There is no cost for the site so we're not charging any fees and it is a
      practice, not an event. I have no plans for food as of yet, but the UC has a
      very good food court for during the day and I was thinking of arranging
      something with The Shakespeare's Arms, a nearby pub with a very Elizabethan
      look to it. If anyone is interested in going to the pub after practice,
      please let me know so I can make reservations.

      If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know.

      Yours in Service