College Royal in Der Welfengau

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2010

      The Canton of Der Welfengau is holding a demo in conjunction with College
      Royal at the University of Guelph on March 21st and 22nd. One of the things
      we are hoping to do as part of the demo is some fencing and we were hoping
      to have some help. We need two things, some good gentles to cross swords
      with and list ropes and poles.

      We haven't been given exact times yet but it probably will run from 10 am
      until 4 pm. Myself and Isaac will be there but we were hoping for a few more
      people to help fill up the time. We will also be having a display of the
      gentler arts if anyone could help us out with that.

      Please let me know off list if you can help out, it would be greatly
      appreciated. I will also post more details as I am made aware of them.

      Yours in Service

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011

        This year the Canton of Der Welfengau, in conjunction with the University of
        Guelph Medieval and Renaissance Society (UGMRS) will be putting on a display
        and demo at this years College Royal at the U of G. College Royal will take
        place on Saturday, March 19th from 9am-5pm and Sunday, March 20th from
        10am-4pm. In addition to a display table of books and items we are hoping to
        put on demos of rapier, armoured combat and dancing. U of G just confirmed
        with us that we have a space in the foyer or Rozanski Hall, the same one we
        had last year. There are lots of other activities to check out at College
        Royal and here is a link to the CR website:

        http://www.collegeroyal.uoguelph.ca/

        Also, here is a link to a map of the Campus:

        http://www.collegeroyal.uoguelph.ca/images-maps/uofg_campusmap_pdf-copy.pdf

        If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. We're looking for
        fighters, fencers, dancers, people working on A&S projects, and anyone
        willing to hang out in garb and talk to the public. We're also looking to
        borrow a set of list ropes for the safety of the public. If anyone can help
        out, or has any questions, please contact me off list. Last years demo was
        great and a lot of fun and we're hoping for a repeat this year.

        Yours in Service

        THL Albrecht Stampfer
        Pursuivant, Canton of Der Welfengau
      • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
          Pending transportation, I should be there both days... which means I should have someone else with me too. :)

          Yoshi

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
            For the lot of you that were not there, you guys missed out on a good time! Lots of fencing, fighting and children boffering our armored combatants to death! lol Albrecht, let me know if you're doing it again next year, and I'll be there. :)

            Yoshi

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@...> wrote:

            > Greetings!
            >
            > This year the Canton of Der Welfengau, in conjunction with the University of
            > Guelph Medieval and Renaissance Society (UGMRS) will be putting on a display
            > and demo at this years College Royal at the U of G. College Royal will take
            > place on Saturday, March 19th from 9am-5pm and Sunday, March 20th from
            > 10am-4pm. In addition to a display table of books and items we are hoping to
            > put on demos of rapier, armoured combat and dancing. U of G just confirmed
            > with us that we have a space in the foyer or Rozanski Hall, the same one we
            > had last year. There are lots of other activities to check out at College
            > Royal and here is a link to the CR website:
            >
            > http://www.collegeroyal.uoguelph.ca/
            >
            > Also, here is a link to a map of the Campus:
            >
            > http://www.collegeroyal.uoguelph.ca/images-maps/uofg_campusmap_pdf-copy.pdf
            >

            > If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. We're looking for
            > fighters, fencers, dancers, people working on A&S projects, and anyone
            > willing to hang out in garb and talk to the public. We're also looking to
            > borrow a set of list ropes for the safety of the public. If anyone can help
            > out, or has any questions, please contact me off list. Last years demo was
            > great and a lot of fun and we're hoping for a repeat this year.
            >
            > Yours in Service
            >
            > THL Albrecht Stampfer
            > Pursuivant, Canton of Der Welfengau

          • William 'the Griffin' of Otterton
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
              ... and for the lot of you that didn't come to the Open Practice up in
              Petrea Thule either, you likewise missed a grand time. Only three of us
              there doing rapier with loads more honourable warriors practising their
              armoured combat melee and spear skills and what ended up being almost a
              workshop on Bayeux Tapestry embroidery in the front room. So all in all,
              it was a great day with us ending up all tired and well fed. To quote...
              "It's Petrea Thule, _of course_ there's food!"

              Glad to hear that our good cousins in the west half of our fair Kingdom
              had a great time too. Maybe they won't land on the same weekend next
              year so we can all go to the same place at the same time and play together!

              Griffin