Re-Authorizing

  • sca_rayne
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
      To Whom This Concerns:

      I am deeply wishing to come back into the world of fencing, but it has
      been some time since I have been in the list. So my question is
      whether or not I am to re-authorize or if I must fully authorize in
      all weapon forms that I was previously capable of using. Also, I do
      wish to know whether my status within the EAoD as a Cadet still stands.

      With regards,

      Gabriel de Merida
      Son of Mateo
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
        On 3/6/07, sca_rayne <sca_rayne@...> wrote:
        > So my question is whether or not I am to re-authorize or if I must fully authorize in
        > all weapon forms that I was previously capable of using.

        Arn't they the same thing?

        > Also, I do
        > wish to know whether my status within the EAoD as a Cadet still stands.

        As preaceptor, I can clearly state that your rank is unchanged.

        Your Status in the EAOD has not changed.

        --j/g
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007

          I can speak unofficially for the question of authorization and officially as
          to the question of EAOD rank.

          Two questions. Do you have an authorization card? If you do, was it ever
          stamped? If you do have one and it was stamped, then you are considered
          authorized until that date. If you don’t have a stamped authorization card
          then I believe you will have to reauthorize in all forms.

          As to the EAOD, you do not lose your Cadet status or have to re-fight your
          Prize. Once you’ve obtained a rank in the Academy you don’t lose it, except
          of course, when you advance to the next rank. Rank in the EAOD is
          independent of authorization status, though you would have to be authorized
          to fight your next prize.

          Albrecht

          Proctor, EAOD

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
            Gabriel! I'm very glad to see you're still kicking. I'll be gladder still
            to see you out fencing!

            Come to practice. We'll be happy to fill you in on what's been going on.

            If you need a ride from St. Thomas, we're still following procedure on
            that...meet at DJ's for 6:15pm with a 6:30pm departure for London. If
            you're in London and can't make it out Thursdays...give Mateo a call.

            Hope to see you soon!

            Cainder

            @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
            Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
            @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

            >From: "sca_rayne" <sca_rayne@...>
            >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [E_Rapier] Re-Authorizing
            >Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:43:25 -0000
            >
            >To Whom This Concerns:
            >
            >I am deeply wishing to come back into the world of fencing, but it has
            >been some time since I have been in the list. So my question is
            >whether or not I am to re-authorize or if I must fully authorize in
            >all weapon forms that I was previously capable of using. Also, I do
            >wish to know whether my status within the EAoD as a Cadet still stands.
            >
            >With regards,
            >
            >Gabriel de Merida
            >Son of Mateo

          • David Fleuelling
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
              Hey Cainder! I am living in London right now and the bus routes are extremely confusing. I am still looking at being there MUCH more often so that I can get back in the game and have some more good times with everyone. I am also going to be bringing my lady out with me as often as she can come because she is interested in seeing everything and even coming to an event. Hope to see you soon!

              Gabriel de Merida

              Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:
              Gabriel! I'm very glad to see you're still kicking. I'll be gladder still
              to see you out fencing!

              Come to practice. We'll be happy to fill you in on what's been going on.

              If you need a ride from St. Thomas, we're still following procedure on
              that...meet at DJ's for 6:15pm with a 6:30pm departure for London. If
              you're in London and can't make it out Thursdays...give Mateo a call.

              Hope to see you soon!

              Cainder

              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
              MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
              Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
              hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

              >From: "sca_rayne" <sca_rayne@...>
              >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [E_Rapier] Re-Authorizing
              >Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:43:25 -0000
              >
              >To Whom This Concerns:
              >
              >I am deeply wishing to come back into the world of fencing, but it has
              >been some time since I have been in the list. So my question is
              >whether or not I am to re-authorize or if I must fully authorize in
              >all weapon forms that I was previously capable of using. Also, I do
              >wish to know whether my status within the EAoD as a Cadet still stands.
              >
              >With regards,
              >
              >Gabriel de Merida
              >Son of Mateo

            • Gareth Cambell
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 6, 2007
                well I guess it will be nice to have you back...

                smile

                Gareth

              • David Fleuelling

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 7, 2007
                    well if you would stop cohorting with known fellens... you wouldnt have the
                    local magistrate aiming fire arms at your ummmm head!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 8, 2007
                      Known fellons....surely you must be mistaken, Gareth. Gabriel has in the
                      past been in the company of the goode ship Crimson Star. And everyone knows
                      that there are no fellons on that goode ship...

                      Only honest, law abiding, privateers...

                      Now who he is currently and most recently been associating with, I couldn't
                      speak for...as we've not seen him in an number of months. Do you think he's
                      been led astray?

                      Ysabeau de Bayonne
                      loyal captain's wife

                      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                      Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
                      Port of Talbot's Cross, Kingdom of Ealdormere
                      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 10, 2007
                        Knowing how blood is thicker then water and it runs deep... I know he has
                        been led astray. And not by any unknown element he may have fallen in with
                        as he searched for some way to escape his grim fate.

                        Knowing well the good men and woman of the Crimson Star... *cough*... Im
                        sure his absence was not at all some form of incarseration he was forced to
                        bare as the rest of the crew scurried away under the cover of fog and night.

                        We know how loyalty is often tested at sea... or in port or on the run...
                        smile

                        I am just glad the lad is home and safe... and I hope the terms of his parol
                        are met with the same ease a vigor the folks of the Crimson Star put behind
                        there words... "Only honest, law abiding, privateers..."

                        I hope his home coming will be biter sweet...

                        Gareth.... (wink)