RE: [E_Rapier] EAoD Prize Fight requests..get published in the Tidings!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
      That would be London.

      From: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com [mailto:E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Bob Roberts
      Sent: January 20, 2010 10:40 PM
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] EAoD Prize Fight requests..get published in the
      Tidings!

      Just a quick question. Which winter war are the prizes for cadets and
      scholars being fought? In Potsdam or London? I am a cadet who is interested
      in fighting for my scholar.
      Chris

      --- On Wed, 1/20/10, Yvonne <tamlin_01@yahoo. <mailto:tamlin_01%40yahoo.ca>

      From: Yvonne <tamlin_01@yahoo. <mailto:tamlin_01%40yahoo.ca> ca>
      Subject: [E_Rapier] EAoD Prize Fight requests..get published in the Tidings!
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 9:19 PM

      Greetings and Salutations all! Happy New Year!

      I know you're all contemplating the new year, new oppertunities, goals to
      set and completejust for yourself. Well why not take the oppertunity and
      play a prize fight! My deadling for posting to the tidings is for the Mar'10
      Tidings is fast approaching so I propose that you think on that resolution
      to enter the academy!

      Prize fights are done at events, so everyone can help you celebrate your
      prowess. Refer to the Ealdormere Calander and your local Marshall to enquire
      about event s that may include prize fighting (always ask the Marshall prior
      to the event).

      Steps to planning and playing a Prize fight:

      1) Candidates for any rank MUST BE PUBLISHED IN THE TIDINGS. To be
      published, please email me your SCA name and the rank you wish to fight
      into. I'll respond back and let you know about the qualifications of the
      rank and the status of your publication. Don't know the ranks, for now,
      email me questions and I'll respond, but I am working on a website, so stay
      tuned. My email is tamlin01@... .

      2) Pick an event to fight the prize and ASK THE MARSHALL if there's time in
      their day/plan/programme to play your prize. This is just courteous practice
      to the marshal and your fellow combatants.

      3) Invite those of the rank you are trying to play into to help you with
      your prize. I can help you with the names of those in the rank

      It's as simple as 1, 2, 3 to set up you prize fight.there are other details
      and we can work them out as the process moves forward, but step no.1 gets
      you started.So what are you waiting for! Email me at tamlin01@... before
      Jan. 29th'09 so that I can put your name in the Feb'10 tidings!

      As well, all should know that the Feb'09 Tidings will publish that the
      following populace members intend to play thier prize fights:
      All those of the rank of Cadet are invited to Winter War to assist the
      following in their pursuit of the rank of Cadet:
      Steve le Piette Poisson of the Crimson Star (AKA Steve Belval)

      All those of the rank of Scholar are invited to Winter War to assist the
      following in their pursuit of the rank of Scholar:
      Wraith (AKA Ken Joyce)
      Tadc of the White Rose (AKA Tyler Booth)

      All those of the rank of Provost are invited to Trillium War to assist the
      following in their pursuit of the rank of Provost:
      THL Albrecht Stampfer
      Please come out and join the Academy in celebration and to provide moral
      support for these dedicate combatants in their pursuit to achieve their next
      rank in the academy

      In service,
      Lady Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
      Preceptor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence